• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish update- new update post 62- 19th Jan

I know i'm bringing up an old thread, but hows little Wish doing Sky?:wave:

Do you know how hard it is to find this thread when you dont know where it is?

You can't search for 'Wish' on the search feature as its a 'common' world :shock:

:lol:

You can access my threads via my profile.

She's ok. Bonding fantastically with Autumn.

I'm very terrified for her at the moment. She is gaining weight and if she is pregnant we are coming to the time where she might pop out some sprogs which just terrifies me. Today is day 29 of the very last possibility that she might be pregnant (i.e. 29 days since she was separated from the hermaphrodite with testicles), so the next few days will be crucial. She doesn't feel pregnant, but she looks pregnant because all her weight has gone on round her belly, not anywhere else.

By next Tuesday we will be in the clear and I can't wait!

At least if she did pop out any babies she is probably now strong enough and hopefully big enough to do it. They would also all stay here if she somehow managed to raise them. I think its so unlikely she is but Wish is completely contrary and if anyone would get pregnant by a hermaphrodite, Wish would.

Thanks for asking Graham :)

:lol:

You can access my threads via my profile.

She's ok. Bonding fantastically with Autumn.

I'm very terrified for her at the moment. She is gaining weight and if she is pregnant we are coming to the time where she might pop out some sprogs which just terrifies me. Today is day 29 of the very last possibility that she might be pregnant (i.e. 29 days since she was separated from the hermaphrodite with testicles), so the next few days will be crucial. She doesn't feel pregnant, but she looks pregnant because all her weight has gone on round her belly, not anywhere else.

By next Tuesday we will be in the clear and I can't wait!

At least if she did pop out any babies she is probably now strong enough and hopefully big enough to do it. They would also all stay here if she somehow managed to raise them. I think its so unlikely she is but Wish is completely contrary and if anyone would get pregnant by a hermaphrodite, Wish would.

Thanks for asking Graham :)
Oh gosh! Sending non-pregnancy vibes for wish, but like you say nothing of Wish would surprise me. :lol::lol:

*whispers in the fear of getting shot, but wish babies would be lush :oops::oops::oops::oops: with her personality and all that, but obviously we dont want that!*!

They wouldn't be lush they would probably be severely ill and malformed too. They would inherit her problems and the genes from all the others, which we know are incredibly wonky.

It would be cruel to those babies to be honest. Had Wish been stronger, earlier, then we would have given her an emergency spay 'just in case' but the risks of it outweighed the benefits. The risk of this is so small that we felt we would just see it through.

I'm terrified though.

They wouldn't be lush they would probably be severely ill and malformed too. They would inherit her problems and the genes from all the others, which we know are incredibly wonky.

It would be cruel to those babies to be honest. Had Wish been stronger, earlier, then we would have given her an emergency spay 'just in case' but the risks of it outweighed the benefits. The risk of this is so small that we felt we would just see it through.

I'm terrified though.
That was me told! :oops::oops:

Like I said, obviously now what we want!! I hope all turns out well, sure it will - be thinking of ya!

Sorry, didn't mean it like that, its just always in my head and causing great stress that's all. Sorry.

Sorry, didn't mean it like that, its just always in my head and causing great stress that's all. Sorry.
It ok, dont worry! You know me I always say the wrong thing, it never sounds how I meant it! :roll:

This must be horribly stresful for you, I can only imagine how you must be feeling! I really do hope things turn out ok!

Hey Sky-O...sending you hugs & calm thoughts:love::love::love:
Noserubs for little Wish & Autumn...wonderful they are bonding...

Hope tuesday comes quick & Wish is NOT preggies.... xxxx

I'm so sorry that both of you are having such a worrying time.
Everything crossed for non pregnancy.
Did the hermaphrodite have a penis? If not surely the chances of insemination are very low.

I wanted to reassure you about frequent dentals, that my boy has had dentals monthly for almost 2years now & he's 5 yrs old with megacolon (caecum) issues. We've had awful issues with subacute obstruction on fur balls for the 1st. time this year - was in stasis with them yesterday, & went into stasis last night with his caecum emptying . Got it out himself just before we got in the car for a dental. had his dental at 11.00 - home bright as a button & hungry as they come at 2.30.

I don't worry about the monthly GA & dentals - He sails through them now.
I'm just scared his tummy won't start up afterwards.

Wish is absolutely gorgeous. I hear you about the crowded jaw & teeth moving. Everything crossed that good dentals keep those roots under control for a very long time to come.

Thanks guys.

Especially to you thumps.

I've not had a bunny need dentals thsat regularly before however Wish is some sort of miracle bunny. My vet felt with the state of her teeth that a dental would not help, or that she would need them every week or every other week which is too often and not fair. We sort of decided on the unspoken limit of if she reached over 4 weeks then that would be acceptable for us to deal with. I believe she has currently made 7 weeks and counting. :D She does live on Metacam but other than that she's pretty, dare I say it, normal, now.

Whenever you talk about Thumper I always marvel at the pair of you. Together you're like some sort of miracle pair yourselves. Thank you for your words :)

ETA- when they had a long rummage during the 'neuter' they found a 'hint' of a penis. I'm hopeful it was completely defunct and not possible but the small possibility remains.

Last edited:
I'm so glad she's doing well.

Sending as many non-pregnant vibes as possible. Maybe she's just bulking up from being with Autumn etc as she's happier and more contented? You did say she's stopped hiding under her big pile of hay since she's been bonding with Autumn :) (is she eating any more than normal?)

Do you think she'll ever be strong enough to be spayed ?

Bless her, going 7 weeks without a dental, she really is a little fluffy miracle!

IMO it's not wise to set a 'time-limit' on dentals. A rabbit who needs dentals every 3 weeks is probably going to be every bit as healthy and happy as one who needs dentals every 5 weeks.

Play it by ear, and let Wish guide your judgment, not arbitrary figures

IMO it's not wise to set a 'time-limit' on dentals. A rabbit who needs dentals every 3 weeks is probably going to be every bit as healthy and happy as one who needs dentals every 5 weeks.

Play it by ear, and let Wish guide your judgment, not arbitrary figures

All the way through I have said this to be the case. I have also said that we would always do whatever we felt was best for Wish at any one time.

Her teeth are such a mess that my vet felt it would be cruel to try and give her dentals and such because of the extent of the damage. Once we got over the 4 week mark his opinion on that changed which is why that was my focus.

Prior to that I just told him that whatever Wish wanted, Wish would have and we would follow her lead and if she was ready to go we would let her and if she needed a dental and wanted to carry on fighting, she would have a dental.

I'm sorry for being a completely rubbish owner for her. Maybe I shouldn't have kept her but rehomed her with someone better, like a sanctuary or yourself or someone who is a better bunny owner. Maybe it would be better for her to be rehomed, I'm sure Kris would agree if it was.

Last edited:
I'm so glad she's doing well.

Sending as many non-pregnant vibes as possible. Maybe she's just bulking up from being with Autumn etc as she's happier and more contented? You did say she's stopped hiding under her big pile of hay since she's been bonding with Autumn :) (is she eating any more than normal?)

Do you think she'll ever be strong enough to be spayed ?

Bless her, going 7 weeks without a dental, she really is a little fluffy miracle!

Thanks Gray.

Your not a rubbish owner at all. I just meant you should keep an open mind to any changes. Having had a rabbit who needed dentals every 2 weeks myself, I don't think I could have had her PTS whilst she was happy.

What dental problems does she have BTW?

All the way through I have said this to be the case. I have also said that we would always do whatever we felt was best for Wish at any one time.

Her teeth are such a mess that my vet felt it would be cruel to try and give her dentals and such because of the extent of the damage. Once we got over the 4 week mark his opinion on that changed which is why that was my focus.

Prior to that I just told him that whatever Wish wanted, Wish would have and we would follow her lead and if she was ready to go we would let her and if she needed a dental and wanted to carry on fighting, she would have a dental.

I'm sorry for being a completely rubbish owner for her. Maybe I shouldn't have kept her but rehomed her with someone better, like a sanctuary or yourself or someone who is a better bunny owner. Maybe it would be better for her to be rehomed, I'm sure Kris would agree if it was.

I disagree with this entirely, sorry.

Wish has had nothing but the best from you, you've given her so much love, care, attention and the best vet care she could of asked for.

I for one have seen how she has flourished since she's been with you, she's growing into as 'normal' a bun as possible.

Wish should be with you, no questions asked, unless it was in Wish's best interests, to which i do not believe it is.

:wave:Sky-O
Fact. You are a fantastic bunny Mum. I have a deep respect for your judgement.

Fact. Thumper is not a layed back bunny. He had a terror of vets until he went to GWR, & passed red wee after just a check up, (probably scared of all the predator patients).

Because he needed dentals so frequently & because Marie & GWR have reduced stress factors to a minimum, he very soon learned that dentals were no big issue & he felt better afterwards.
He goes in 1/2 hr. before the GA is booked & comes home as soon as he no longer needs monitoring.
It's no big issue for him only because they've been sufficiently frequent to give him that learning opportunity.

Yes, there's the small GA risk each time. His mouth is comfortable, never ulcerates, & were it not for his gut, he'd have a perfectly normal life. That's what you are trying to do for Wish.

Please don't think you're a bad bunny mummy - that would make me out to be the pits, along with quite a few others!

GrahamL
Mama Doe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky-O

I disagree with this entirely, sorry.

Wish has had nothing but the best from you, you've given her so much love, care, attention and the best vet care she could of asked for.

I for one have seen how she has flourished since she's been with you, she's growing into as 'normal' a bun as possible.

Wish should be with you, no questions asked, unless it was in Wish's best interests, to which i do not believe it is.

:wave:Sky-O
Fact. You are a fantastic bunny Mum. I have a deep respect for your judgement.

Fact. Thumper is not a layed back bunny. He had a terror of vets until he went to GWR, & passed red wee after just a check up, (probably scared of all the predator patients).

Because he needed dentals so frequently & because Marie & GWR have reduced stress factors to a minimum, he very soon learned that dentals were no big issue & he felt better afterwards.
He goes in 1/2 hr. before the GA is booked & comes home as soon as he no longer needs monitoring.
It's no big issue for him only because they've been sufficiently frequent to give him that learning opportunity.

Yes, there's the small GA risk each time. His mouth is comfortable, never ulcerates, & were it not for his gut, he'd have a perfectly normal life. That's what you are trying to do for Wish.

Please don't think you're a bad bunny mummy - that would make me out to be the pits, along with quite a few others!

Totally agree! Sky-O - youre a fantstic loving, caring bunny mum - Wish has become the blessed little bun she is now because of your care.....:love:

Back