• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who cuddles there bunnies?

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I know some people will say bunnies are not there to be cuddled but some of us cuddle our bunnies anyway.

Lucky likes his cuddles. Lacey likes her cuddles too but Lambchop would bite my face off if I attempted to get that close. Lucky has developed a nick name Booboo because he is my biggest bunny and likes his cuddles. He will give a genital nip when he doesn't want them.

I know some people will say bunnies are not there to be cuddled but some of us cuddle our bunnies anyway.

Lucky likes his cuddles. Lacey likes her cuddles too but Lambchop would bite my face off if I attempted to get that close. Lucky has developed a nick name Booboo because he is my biggest bunny and likes his cuddles. He will give a genital nip when he doesn't want them.
Me! Apricot loves a hug and I like smooshing my face into her neck.. She smells so good... I promise I'm not weird but bunny smell really calms me down [emoji38] her partner Willoughby will allow you to pick him up if necessary but he wouldn't enjoy a cuddle, I'd be in soooo much trouble if I dared [emoji38] Atticus I cuddle sometimes, Clementine would break out and smother me in my sleep if I even thought about cuddling her.. She'll allow strokes though and becomes a puddle and grooms you back.. My lot are so different [emoji38]

I also have two guinea pigs, Agnes is so dramatic when I have to pick her up it sounds like I'm murdering her til I've got her.. She also wheeks the loudest at meal times... But she climbs onto my lap when I'm grooming her... But the boy Percy will sit on your lap for ages but you get nudged if you stop petting him. He's great because he will calmly sit on my daughters lap and just let her pet him. He loves it [emoji38]

Lucky sounds really lovely [emoji7] small animals are fascinating creatures, so many people don't see their personalities but they're incredible little beings and have such big personalities if you're willing to listen!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

My current bunnies all vet cuddled. Amber and Zorro are lap bunnies and sit nicely as I groom them and stroke them. Heidi will bury her head in my arm when I hold her. She tolerates grooming, yet also gives a tiny nip if she had enough. Raven prefers to be held high on my shoulder so he can see what is going on around him.
Like Graciee, I like how mine smell and the part behind their ears is super soft.

Bunnies are so cute you can't help but want to cuddle them, that part behind there ears is nice and soft I agree I was gonna mention that but I thought it might sound a bit weird but I'm glad I'm not the only person :D Lacey and Lucky both look like pears or a breed bloomer when they get there cuddles they put there heads right down with there ears back.

Lilac would kill me if I tried to cuddle her! We've had her for 5ish years and she's never mellowed too much, everything is on her terms. Sometimes if I stroke her she'll hop a few steps away and turn her back to me. She hates it so much, the only time I pick her up is to cut her nails or if she ever needed medicine. Rupert is much friendlier and will lie with me for cuddles all day if he could but if I try to pick him up he's even worse than Lilac! Mine are very much floor buns!

When I had bunnies, brother and sister Toffee and Treacle, I did. Well Toffee loved a good cuddle, Treacle would be stroked and fussed all day, if she could, but on the floor :) Bunny smell, I do miss that :( it's lovely that yours enjoy a cuddle.

"He will give a genital nip when he doesn't want them."

I hope not!

Dusty loves her snuggles and strokes. She'll happily settle on your lap or under your chin. She also likes 'flattening' with her feet out right next to you. She returns affection with licks and the occasional squeak. Stakki was the same except he tooth purred more.

Sophie and Casper aren't really that into cuddling. They both like pets when they're calm and resting, Casper more than Sophie, but more than that is not for them. My mum told me that when Sophie is getting her laser therapy she enjoys it when my mum scratches her under the chin, which really suprised me, because that seems more like a cat thing than a bunny thing. ;)

Sophie and Casper aren't really that into cuddling. They both like pets when they're calm and resting, Casper more than Sophie, but more than that is not for them. My mum told me that when Sophie is getting her laser therapy she enjoys it when my mum scratches her under the chin, which really suprised me, because that seems more like a cat thing than a bunny thing. ;)

My bunnies don't like me touching them under there chin but they like there head, ears stroked sides and body. Anything under there belly or feet they don't like. Sometimes when I'm cuddling Lacey she will stretch out.

Last edited:
I've not yet had a bunny that doesn't like floor cuddles. boo will sit on my knee (as long as I non stop pet her) for 15 mins or so - she's almost 10 & its a relatively new thing

None of mine like to be touched at all let alone cuddled. Well Dusty will allow me to stroke her which is wonderful.

I snuggled with Lacey this morning for a couple hours, she woke me up with a pee :lol:. Lucky likes his cuddles too but only on the floor.

Lucky is so cute he stands up on his hind legs for a cuddle and he licks my face but if I pick him up then he will give a soft nip to let me know he wants to be put back down on to the ground. I like the way he wags his tail in the mornings when he knows its feeding time. He gets an egg cup full of bunny nuggets and for the rest of the day he gets different types of hay. All my bunnies get the same. He is the only one who wags his little tail. I'm changing his name to Booboo because that is his nickname and I that is what I call him. He suits that name more now that his is much bigger.

Ohh Cookie is addicted to love :lol: His favorite thing can be cuddle all day. He slaves me all day and I have to cuddle him and kiss him and pet him all the time :lol:

I gave Lucky a grape and now he wants more. Every time I go to cuddle him he thinks he is getting another grape. He is only getting the one because they are not too good for bunnies, they are more of a one off treat.

Lucky has stopped accepting cuddles now. He just wants food. He thinks when he gets a cuddle his going to get a treat but I've cut down on treats now he is starting to get a bit nippy.

Lacey is always cuddly regardless, she will even do a flop on her side and nap with me.

Last edited:
Back