• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did the word 'Binky' come from?

we call them "happy skips" or "popcorns" ...we didnt know the binki word until a few years ago. but we then found the popcorn word for the binkis that piggies do, and we thought that its a good description:lol:

I'd never heard of it before I came on RU, like some others, I though there was something wrong with him when he 'binkied':lol:

I have no idea where it comes from! But I'd like to know!

In Dutch we also say "binkie" but we probably stole that from you guys :lol:

I first heard it on Usenet about 12 years ago, and that was mainly an American group. It's been used on here since the board went live so seems pretty widespread even then. :?

I read it in a bunny book when i got my first bunny. The book suggested you get down on the floor and binky with your bun :shock:

Must admit it always reminds me of Death's horse in Discworld... :oops::lol:

Me too! :mrgreen: :lol:

I called them happy flicks. As opposed to the unhappy flicks which are usually done with the back feet by a bunny in a mood. :p

Chinchillas also popcorn, because they go straight up in the air and back down again. I love the word popcorn. :)

Ask Jeeves says a Binky is when your bun has a "mad moment":lol:

But a Binki is a male fetish of licking another males nipples:shock:

So don't get confused.:lol:

:shock::lol::lol::lol:
Note to self: do not use the word binky infront of gay friend as he may massively misinterpret it!

Must admit it always reminds me of Death's horse in Discworld... :oops::lol:

One of my old buns was named after Deaths horse. It was only later, after he died, that I read in Funny Bunnies book that it means something.

I have wondered where it comes from too:?

I read online someone called it a "hop -dance" then I came on RU and saw others calling it a Binkey.
I thought Pierre had fleas :lol: and he was trying to get them off him, and then when he flopped, I thought he'd had a heart attack :lol:

Ask Jeeves says a Binky is when your bun has a "mad moment":lol:

But a Binki is a male fetish of licking another males nipples:shock:

So don't get confused.:lol:

Cant wait to tell that sort of boyfriend of mine...His nickname is Binky!!!

Back