• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get Timothy hay from??

See, the buns dont mind the western timothy, but they dont go mad for it like they do for the ordinary timothy! And I dont like the feel of it :(

Mine won't touch the western timothy and they're not particularly keen on the oxbow timothy either :roll:. I think it's just too 'dry and sharp' if that makes any sense? I usually buy the two large box deal of willow warren timothy. My two pairs get a handful morning and evening and have to make do with farm baled stuff in their litter trays - the timothy is WAY too expensive for anything else!

I think a large box is roughly equivalent to about half a regular farm bale - maybe slightly less as it's been hand-boxed. But it's certainly 'well stuffed' and the box is full to bursting. It's really stalky and each piece is lovely and long.

I tend not to give the timothy to the piggies because it's such a coarse and stalky hay and they give themselves eye injuries. They seem to prefer the softer hays anyway.

I would like to order online but it's hard getting it delivered.
Jenson goes frantic for the P@H timothy hay, as long as he's eating lots, I don't care and so buy a couple of lots every time I go to keep him going!

Back