• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What hay is good at the moment?

I think it looks horrible though at the moment, it's all yellow and crunchy, but the bunnies seem to be loving it! Can't complain for a fiver though :lol: Fortunately, I'm also finding that the meadow hay is excellent, beautifully fresh and green, which is a relief as so many people seem to be having real problems getting decent hay. Have any of the Essex types had hay from Button Farm - it's on the A128 near the junction with the A127 (just before the turning for Lt Burstead)...they also seem to do Meadow and Timothy hay, so I wonder if they use the same supplier, or indeed if one makes it and sells it to the other?

That's true actually - I got a bale of each last time I went and the meadow looks much nicer than the timothy (usually it seems to be the other way around) but the bunnies don't seem to have noticed the difference. :lol::lol:

I didn't know they sold timothy at Button Farm too but I got a bale of meadow hay from them a couple of summers ago when Little Burstead had run out. I thought it looked ok but the bunnies didn't seem as keen - it could have just been an 'off' bale or something though. :? Little Burstead make their own timothy hay - when I went in the summer it was all drying out in the field to the left as you go in. :D

The best hay I've had so far is from dust free hay. I ordered the American Timothy and the buns went nuts for it. Our recent hay for pets order (Timothy and Rye) is nowhere near as good. The buns still go nuts for it, they love any food though :) x

Cassie is currently munching her way through her sample packs from Hay for Pets. I am expecting to hear piggy marks out of 10 shortly...

Back