• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've gone and done it...

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
And I'm terrified!!!

:shock:

Yesterday we went to P@H ( :evil: ) for some mealworms for Spida 1 and Spida 2... we then came across 'Katie B' in the rescue section, she'd been left outside in a box (a friend works there and so I do actually believe this!)

We fell in love, she hopped up to the glass just as Neo did when we first saw him, I got a few nose nudges... She's not been done but we adopted her and have since been attempting a bit of a bond today.

Last night she was put about 4 foot away from Neo, in her own playpen with Neo's old litter tray and a few toys. We put cardboard across his pen so they could smell but couldn't see. Bit of stamping from her, he wasn't fussed at all.

This morning at about 10am we gave Neo her transport box which he rubbed his chin all over. We removed the cardboard blocking their view and they stared at each other for about an hour.

We pushed them closer and there were nose wiggles through the bars and a little bit of stamping from Neo, she wasn't fussed at all. Think she gave him a few nose nibbles as he did a bit of arm wobbling/scratching through the bars.

They've spent a bit of time nosing each other with one or the other pulling away depending on who's being more assertive but we've not seemed to have had any bad noises or very aggressive reactions. We've also had some bar pulling which, to me, indicates that they both want to get through to each other... but for better or worse, I don't know! :shock:

As I write this, she's just lay down with chicken feetsies against the bars. Neo is ignoring and just munching... greedy SOB!

She's being done on the 3rd so we're going to keep them within about a foot of each other until this point, they should get used to the idea of being near each other and of course we need time for her to heal as well.

I have a few questions!
1. When taking her to the vets to be spayed, should we take Neo in the car too in a separate carrier so that they can still smell each other or leave him at home?
2. Any suggestions of names?

Sorry no pics at the moment, my Photobucket won't let me retrieve the codes!!! She's brown and black, with a fluffy grey bottom and quite light brown belly. She's a Lionhead cross, I'm guessing as she's basically identical to Neo!

As they are not truly bonded I wouldn't take Neo to the Vets at the same time. It is unnecessary stress. Sorry, not very helpful with names..

As you have a Neo I have to suggest Trinity!!
Good luck with the bond :)

Thanks!
Yep, Trinity was first thought but doesn't seem to fit! We were thinking Zee as she's the other more unusual name of the films.

I'll have to wait for photobucket to work and see what you think when you see her :)

The first name that popped into my head was Cassie - I don't know why! Other names: Milly, Lily, Trixie, Tilly, Callie, Carly, Annie, Molly, Polly, Evie, Phoebe. I think that names ending in 'ee'/'ie' sound best, as you've already got an 'o' so it might be a bit strange with both? It might not, of course - that's just my personal opinion :) Can't wait to see photos!

Photobucket still not working :(

I don't think Trinity sounds right, I like that if she was called Zee then her and Neo have the same length names which looks quite nice.

Any more names you can throw at me?!

Back