• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for wee Blackberry U/D He's eating, pooping for England & bouncing about

I'm sorry I missed the crisis but so incredibly pleased that it resolved itself.

Yes, I've found that young leaf growth has to be introduced slowly, or they can get gassy. I have to be very careful indeed with the young spring growth of hawthorn. I'd be very surprised if it caused an issue this late in the season, but each bun is different.
With us the old coarse brambles/raspberries never seem to cause an issue, presumably because there's hardly any nutrient in them, they're mainly fiber.

Keep it up Blackberry & poop for RU.:):)

I'm sorry I missed the crisis but so incredibly pleased that it resolved itself.

Yes, I've found that young leaf growth has to be introduced slowly, or they can get gassy. I have to be very careful indeed with the young spring growth of hawthorn. I'd be very surprised if it caused an issue this late in the season, but each bun is different.
With us the old coarse brambles/raspberries never seem to cause an issue, presumably because there's hardly any nutrient in them, they're mainly fiber.

Keep it up Blackberry & poop for RU.:):)

Would the young growth be ok dried? I've got a big pile drying as the roses went a bit mad, but don't want to cause any future problems for my boys...

I can't give an authoratative answer. Working it out from 1st.principals, the young growth has much more nutrient, & "sugars" in them than older growth. This is what can upset the caecal micro organisms. All that drying does is remove water, although there is usually degradation of nutrients until the leaf stops "living".
I'd say just take ordinary care as with any other new food.

I can't give an authoratative answer. Working it out from 1st.principals, the young growth has much more nutrient, & "sugars" in them than older growth. This is what can upset the caecal micro organisms. All that drying does is remove water, although there is usually degradation of nutrients until the leaf stops "living".
I'd say just take ordinary care as with any other new food.

Thanks - think I'll store those separately from the other leaves to be on the safe side :wave:

sorry - just read the thread - glad to hear Blackberry has recovered!:)

Useful info Thumps - thanks!:D
Ive just introduced rose leaves & petals to my 2 girls & they adore them....didnt know about them being gassy though!:shock:
Will feed in moderation i think!

(just gave them some just now...hope they dont get gas tonight!:shock:)
And Indiana fell backwards down the ramp too! Sat with them a while and she seems normal...but worrying all the same! :shock:

Just seeing this now so bit late off the mark... Glad there's eating and pooping again though!!
I can tell the difference between my bun's poops too, Lady's are on the floor and Donnie's are in the litter tray :roll::roll::lol::lol:

Just seeing this now so bit late off the mark... Glad there's eating and pooping again though!!
I can tell the difference between my bun's poops too, Lady's are on the floor and Donnie's are in the litter tray :roll::roll::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lovely to meet another member from Australasia bythe way. (Mustn't offend Kiwi Bron :lol:)

Back