• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Waffle please U/D she's home :) :)

Please dont blame yourself. I see that Waffle is a REW, is she a NZ White by ay chance ? I ask as NZ whites have a predisposition toward a CONGENITAL condition, Pyloric Stenosis. This means that a thickening occurs at the outlet of the stomach, the Pylorus, preventing the stomach from emptying

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/pyloric.html

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Thanks Jane vet just made me feel so awful with his accusing manner. She is only a diddy bun about 1.7 kg so I don't think she's an Nzw.

Just had a call from vets and they have examined her again they now think it's bloat which explains why she's gone downhill so quickly. They rang as they wanted permission to x ray and give her iv fluid. X ray should tell them extent of the problem as well as letting them see if anything else is going on.

They did say that surgery can sometimes be needed but they don't recommend it for Waffle as she is so weak her survival chances are slim :cry: :cry:

Why my little bun bun I try so hard not to give her veg that causes gas :(

We are are sorry to hear little Waffle is so poorly, sending her tons of vibes from us. She is such a sweetheart and I know how careful you are with her diet. Hugs to you too xx

We are are sorry to hear little Waffle is so poorly, sending her tons of vibes from us. She is such a sweetheart and I know how careful you are with her diet. Hugs to you too xx

Thanks Liz. I just want my dancing, throwing things, people hating bunny back cause I :love::love::love::love: her so much.

poor waffle. lots more vibes being sent. things happen so quickly and you've taken her straight there, you couldn't have done any more. don't let the vet make you feel bad as you have no reason to. x

Lots of healing vibes for the lovely little waffle. Any news from the vet yet about the x-ray results.

No news yet. I rang an hour ago for an update and was told I would get a call back and I am still waiting. If I don't have a call by quarter past I am ringing again.

I am panicking so much about her as everything I read on the internet about bloat mentioned the word fatal quite a lot :cry:

No news yet. I rang an hour ago for an update and was told I would get a call back and I am still waiting. If I don't have a call by quarter past I am ringing again.

I am panicking so much about her as everything I read on the internet about bloat mentioned the word fatal quite a lot :cry:

It is serious BUT it is not always fatal. Much will depend on if it is bloat due to a full obstruction.

I hope that the Vet calls you very soon xx

Just had an update from vets. X ray showed it wasn't as bad as they feared thus morning there is no blockage but she still has a very distended gassy tummy. She is perkier now and now they know there isn't a blockage they will give her gut stimulants and begin syringe feeds.

They will keep her in overnight to monitor her and the out of hours vet will be ringing me soon to give me an idea of the costs and more details of their overnight treatment plans.

Fingers crossed things are looking up for Waffle.

Back