• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For Upsy daisy Please - please please help what can i do?

its like shes sucking something

its not happiness....she son her own inside while the others are outside....shes eaten and the vet said her teeth looked fine.....

I think you need to get another vet to look at her teeth, or ask the same vet to look again, something does not sound right about them and it would explain all the drooling.

Just thought, something Jane said earlier made me think about something else. If she was put under GA to have her jaw and teeth properly examined and Xray'd etc it is possible I suppose that she had her mouth opened very wide and now her facial and jaw muscles feel a bit tight and sore after stretching them, this might explain her current 'chewing' behaviour?

Personally I'd take her back to the Vet and explain that all her 'symptoms' point to a Dental problem and could they please look at the Xray again and also check her left nostril for any sign of a FB.

Does the left nasolacrimal duct drain ? Could that be the site of infection ?

I would also suggest asking Vet about adding Metronidazole, an antibiotic active against anaerobic bacteria.

You dont have to sound as though you are 'telling' the Vet, just asking completely reasonable questions :)

Sorry Dom

I understand how frustrating it can be when your bunny is ill but the vets can't find anything? I think many of us on here have been there at some point.

I hope the vets get this sorted as she must be in discomfort.

im going back tomorrow

"Does the left nasolacrimal duct drain ? Could that be the site of infection ?"
what does that mean?

The nasolacrimal duct is the tear duct. To check if it is clear the Vet can put some drops into the eye which are green coloured. The drops should drain down the nostril. If they dont the duct is blocked. This could be due to inflammation, a plug of pus (infection) an abscess or pressure from elongated tooth roots.
If the Vet has confirmed (from the Xray) that the tooth ROOTS are not elongated then I'd ask about other possible causes (infection, abscessation etc) and what, if any, evidence Vet has for suggesting a 'tumour behind the eye'

the vet suggested an abscess behind the eye, it was liz on here that suggested a tumour.

I'm making a list of all this to ask the vet tomorrow

the vet suggested an abscess behind the eye, it was liz on here that suggested a tumour.

I'm making a list of all this to ask the vet tomorrow

Ah, right, then to me it seems infection is more likely and maybe if the Vet included the additional abx (Metronidazole) aswell as the Baytril this may be of benefit :)

Is she actually having the Rimadyl ? An anti-inflammatory should be helpful too.

no shes off the rimodyl now...the vet just said to reduce from 1/2 a tablet to 1/4 and use what i had. Thats gone now last one yesterday so she's just on baytril.

i'll sugest the Metronidazole tomorrow

where would the infection be...?

Thankyou jane x

no shes off the rimodyl now...the vet just said to reduce from 1/2 a tablet to 1/4 and use what i had. Thats gone now last one yesterday so she's just on baytril.

i'll sugest the Metronidazole tomorrow

where would the infection be...?

Thankyou jane x

Obviously I cant say for certain and my opinion is totally unqualified. But *If* there is an infection/abscess then it might be within the actual duct itself. In my experience an abscess behind the actual eyeball causes the eye to protrude significantly and the Bun is generally more unwell within themself-not eating etc.

Good luck at the Vets tomorrow :)

Back