• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For Upsy daisy Please - please please help what can i do?

rimadyl thats what shes on...her face seems gaunt

if the x ray shows nothing and a third eye and drool usually means teeth issues but her teeth are fine...and shes eating......what could it be?

they didnt give me the rimodyl, so rang up and they said it was an error, just the baytril......can anyone help
im waiting for a callback from the vets themselves

how is a tumour detected
what is the treatment

please? anyone?

Rimadyl (carprofen) is a NSAID, similar to Metacam.

You can't change to Metacam without a withholding period of between 3 and 7 days depending on the vet's view.

shes eating normal, apart from the third eyelid her eye seems fine...she seems normal....apart from the wet chin :(

can anyone suggest anything I can try

if its an abescess apart from baytril is there any other treatment

if its a tumour how can the vet confirm if it is?

She seems to be eating, poohing moving fine.....just wondered if anyone else had any ideas as to what it could be

Bless you, I can hear your desperation.
I have no idea....Im not alot of help but really hope things have a positive outcome.xxxx

It's a bit stabbing in the dark for me here, and very hard to know what to suggest without a proper diagnosis - which is up to your vets, i'm sure they are working on it. Sometimes in medicine it is a process of elimination. Ruling out the most serious and obvious things first and further investigations.

Is the drooling one side of the mouth only and is this the same side as her bad eye?
I think a retrobulbar abcess (behind the eye) would need to be identified by Xray, or even an MRI perhaps for more clarity? I suppose an Xray may only show a mass behind the eye and whether or not they can tell from this if it is an abcess or tumour I don't know, it may not be clear, they may need to do further investigations. If it was an abcess it may need stronger antibiotics than baytril I should think. But it is probably best not to second guess at this stage. As awful as waiting is you might need to sit tight for a diagnosis. I am sorry that your bunny is unwell and you rightly feel very anxious. Hoping she gets well soon. :)

vet said xray showed nothing
her teeth are perfect

its under her chin mainly but also under her whsikers on one side...on the like pouch under her cheek

IMG_1014.jpg

Could she have a facial palsy?

ETA just seen the photo.... it doesn't look like she has actually from her pic but I don't know how they appear in rabbits really.

Does she drink from a bowl? Could she just have a wet chin from this?

Back