• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For Upsy daisy Please - please please help what can i do?

shes drinking same as normal, ive been able to check with her being inside and alone

nothings coming from her nose just double checked

she drinks from a bottle

thankyou guys x (sometimes just helps from you guys..the experts)

Then the most likely thing causing wetness down her chin is saliva. Whether or not this is due to teeth issues or it is a drool due to facial weakness on that side? Has she had an Xray of her jaw? Perhaps she has some sharp spurs on molars at the very back of her jaw that can not be seen with an otoscope?

Is she dropping her food during eating it or going off her food at all?

nope x ray revelead nothing on her teeth, her teeth according to the vet were fine. She had a slight spur on her back tooth but its that minor....it wouldnt cause this

she's eating fine - in fact nearly took my finger off before

Sometimes, just sometimes, the molars at the very back that they can't see unless they put bunny under a GA and look at the mouth properly then do have sharp spurs on them and there 'might' be ulceration at the very back of the tongue, which again can not be seen until bun is under full sedation.

The only other thing I can think of is something which has affected both the neuro supply to the eye and the mouth, perhaps a facial palsy from a minor stroke? Or from a tumour perhaps pressing on something? But these really are worst case scenarios and probably very rare indeed. I should think the most likely thing is a dental issue or something silly like she is not using her water bottle properly to drink and getting it down her face?

Last edited:
Sometimes, just sometimes, the molars at the very back that they can't see unless they put bunny under a GA and look at the mouth properly then do have sharp spurs on them and there 'might' be ulceration at the very back of the tongue, which again can not be seen until bun is under full sedation.

Roland had this..........poor boy.

Ok I've had another think, could it be a problem with her jaw or spine causing her to drink at strange angle and therefore getting a wet mouth at the side.

Can you smell whether it is water or saliva on her chin. Saliva wont smell as fresh.

I am really grasping at straws now.

I can't believe it is an abscess or tumour, the eye would be bulging and there would be more discharge from an abscess :?

IMG_1014.jpg

Looking at this again does she have a slight headtilt to the left ?

Is the pupil of her left eye more dilated than the one in her right eye ?

Is she a very active Rabbit ?

no head tilt, i think its 99% saliva
no bukging eye, no dilation of pupil thats my camera angle and my trying to get her to come with a treat

she can be active.....outside and even the otherday freerange she'll runa round like a wildie

no head tilt, i think its 99% saliva
no bukging eye, no dilation of pupil thats my camera angle and my trying to get her to come with a treat

she can be active.....outside and even the otherday freerange she'll runa round like a wildie

Silly question but she did have her Dental and Xray done under GA didn't she ?

oh :shock:

shes just had some corriander and her batrill
no problems

should I be worried her poos are small, like small pellet sized food?
shes eating and drinking ok...

Back