• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Rodney

Rodney's not eating or having any output. The vets are fitting us in at 11.30.

I'm in terrible fear that he has a blockage. A bit of our sofa fabric is missing and I think I must've let him eat it without realising. I feel so stupid.

He's belly pressing and I have no metacam to give him until we get to the vets and I feel awful for him.

Usually when he's unwell he's in good spirits but not at all today and that makes me think it's very bad.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Rodney's not eating or having any output. The vets are fitting us in at 11.30.

I'm in terrible fear that he has a blockage. A bit of our sofa fabric is missing and I think I must've let him eat it without realising. I feel so stupid.

He's belly pressing and I have no metacam to give him until we get to the vets and I feel awful for him.

Usually when he's unwell he's in good spirits but not at all today and that makes me think it's very bad.

Personally I would call the Vet back and ask if you can bring him straight in. As you know with a possible obstruction time is of the essence. Is he somewhere warm ? If he feels cold to touch then I would provide him with a heat source.

Sending lots of vibes for him xx

I'm really sorry to hear this 😔 I know from my own recent experience how frightening the possibility of a blockage is. I really hope that's not the case.

Sending lots of vibes for Rodney's visit to the vet this morning xx

Personally I would call the Vet back and ask if you can bring him straight in. As you know with a possible obstruction time is of the essence. Is he somewhere warm ? If he feels cold to touch then I would provide him with a heat source.

Sending lots of vibes for him xx
This was the best they can do unfortunately.

I've popped him in a little area with a heat pad. I've picked him up and he's not cool but definitely also not his usual toasty warm. I've given him a bit of water and he has perked up a little.

He has now eaten a tiny piece of dried plantain, but that's fairly usual for an ill Rodney. He also came to the toilet but didn't produce anything just did some shuffling.

Hubby pointed out that Rodney has done this before and then pooped on the vet on arrival and was put down to gas but my instincts tell me that its something worse.

OK im not quite as concerned now but will still be taking him in for a good check over as lack of output is a big concern.

He ate loads at 9.30pm last night so there should have been a nice pile of poo to greet me this morning.

He's warmed up and back in good spirits maybe this is him telling me its time to turn the heating on.
54a0b829a40427e7f977bcd8c998262f.jpg

I would encourage him to drink a bit more and to hop about. Hopefully there will be some poo output soon. If you can find some dandelion leaves then they might tempt him to eat and if you rinse them and serve them wet it will give him some additional fluids.

He's passed all his checks. Guts are a bit quiet but could be more muffled because he was fighting the exam a fair bit.

Blood sugar is fine and no obvious pains.

Off home with some metacam and cisapride to see how we go.

He's passed all his checks. Guts are a bit quiet but could be more muffled because he was fighting the exam a fair bit.

Blood sugar is fine and no obvious pains.

Off home with some metacam and cisapride to see how we go.

Phew, hopefully he will soon be 100% better x

It's definitely a phew day. He's just hopped in the loo and started leaving me gifts.

Hubby is suspicious that the vet gives Rodney treats he doesn't get anywhere else so he finds a reason to visit regularly!

Hubby is suspicious that the vet gives Rodney treats he doesn't get anywhere else so he finds a reason to visit regularly!
LMAO XD Wouldn't put it past him ;P Glad he's doing better :thumb: Hope he continues this way!

I shan't tell my OH about the 'bunny cold, need heating on' or he'll insist the bunnies need to be inside :lol:

Its amazing what makes you happy when you become a bun mum [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Thank you for all the vibes and support for us x
66824bae7d29b69d9ca0a7377ba39169.jpg

Its amazing what makes you happy when you become a bun mum [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Thank you for all the vibes and support for us x
66824bae7d29b69d9ca0a7377ba39169.jpg

Woow well done Rodney keep vibrating for more poop xxxxxxx :)

I'm a bit late to this, but phew Indeed ! These furries sure do like to worry us :roll: you keep those poops coming Rodney, there's a good boy :D

What lovely presents. It is always best to be cautious and go to the vet, especially with sofa fabric missing. You must have been relieved when he did not have a blockage.

I'm sorry our Rodney was feeling poorly this morning but super happy to see the poops & hear that he seems so much better now:love:

Your vets give bribery treats? Mine don't

Back