• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Willoughby

aww nice to hear he is looking brighter today. Have you already reduced his metacam (wondering if thats why)?
I just stopped giving it, he's missed two lots now nearly 3 [emoji2372] yea I'm wondering too!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Great to hear that he's brighter. Seems odd that it could be the Metacam doesn't it? At least it shows that he's not in pain I guess.

Can rabbits be intolerant to certain drugs?

Maybe he's slightly allergic and the prolonged use has caused issues.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Hello, just seen this, it sounds like it’s been really rough and tough. Hope things continue to get better.

These buns can be such hard work x

Thanks everyone for thinking of us :)

Yea he does seem brighter and less bloated without the metacam! Which is definitely odd to me, but it's a noticeable different!

Thanks everyone for thinking of us :)

Yea he does seem brighter and less bloated without the metacam! Which is definitely odd to me, but it's a noticeable different!

How is Willoughby now that he's been off the metacam a while?

How is Willoughby now that he's been off the metacam a while?

Awh thank you for asking especially when you've got so much going on rn too! x

It's weird, I was gunna post earlier, so I was a bit rubbish today I totally forgot to give him gut meds [emoji51] and he was fine? I did give them this evening, but I'm thinking Friday night just giving cisapride, then over weekend just cisapride for a few days, if no change I might leave that one off too for a few days and see if anything chances... But yea I'm not entirely sure what's going on with him. I'm still waiting on a call from my vet, so when he calls I'll discuss everything with him more.. But yea.. Idk what to make of it tbh! I'm cautiously optimistic [emoji38]

Gawd I hope he's turned a corner, you poor things. It does sound like he might have developed some sort of sensitivity? I mean, it happens in humans...? I know that's no hard and fast rule but we're both mammals!

Thanks everyone, yea I hope this means maybe no meds for life? Idk tho, he's a little diva that's all I know [emoji38]

Oooohhhh - this sounds good. do you know sometimes vets suggest things (such as willoughby comin of his honey drugs) & it makes me feel all uncomfy but I bloody love it when they are right.

Idk tho, he's a little diva that's all I know [emoji38]
I think we might have taught him that, sorry! I blame Chibbs :lol: TBF it's easy to blame Chibbs for most things at the moment, she's being the chewiest little madam...

J&B, totally agree :D

So his vitamin d results came back

Normal Vit D level is 80 - 175
Willoughbys level is <3.5 ie not able to read because it is so low

Anyone know anything about this? [emoji51]

Back