• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Dave please..U/D I'M SO LUCKY!!!

I've just caught up with this thread and it's made me both :evil: and :cry: ! How can people shoot at such a cute sweetie. I'm glad he's with you now and you'll give him the love and care he deserves after such a traumatic 6 months.

Sending loads of get well soon vibes to little Dave

Well..no wonder the poor thing's traumatised and frightened. He'd been shot! The hard lump was an airgun pellet and the gritty feeling bits were shrapnel and pieces of his cheekbone. Too choked at the moment to say much more, but he is doing well and will be fine. More details when I've collected myself:cry:

Omg how awful, poor little boy :shock::(

Capel I'm so sorry I missed all this until tonight.
I've such a soft spot for Dave since you 1st. posted about him, & great admiration for the wonderful way you have helped him already.

Poor wee mite. I'm too shocked by what he must have endured to put it into words. Please give him something he likes from both of us.
How is he coming on?

Poor little man :( I just cannot comprehend how people can hurt animals the thought of it makes me feel shaken and sick to the core! There should be MUCH harsher penalties for cruelty to animals...something like the death penalty!!! The world would be a better place without sadistic :censored: who take pleasure in hurting defenseless little creatures! I hope Dave makes a full recovery and goes on to have an amazing happy long life with you!

He is only a "foster" bunny................................at the moment.;) :lol::lol::lol:

How is he doing today Hilda?

:lol::lol::lol: He was never going to be a foster bunny I think Hilda fell in love before she even met him - he has found the perfect home hasnt he he is a very lucky boy

He seems fine this morning. Wolfed down his pellets and then chucked the bowl around as per usual. I'm just getting ready to ring the rspca about the bill and then I'll see how he takes baytril. lol. And yes, Kath..I've a feeling that I may have rejoined the Failed Fosterers Club..if the RSPCA let me keep him...

Forgot to say..The bill was £232.77:shock::shock: I'm just hoping they'll reimburse me with most of it. I took him to my own vet you see. Didn't want to stress him out with a long trip to have him looked at there... I did check with them and said I'd be happy to pay the difference and was told that they'd be able to help with the bill, but don't expect they were anticipating a bill this size...nor was I:shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol: He was never going to be a foster bunny I think Hilda fell in love before she even met him - he has found the perfect home hasnt he he is a very lucky boy

I said to Hilda last night, I knew as soon as you mentioned him that he would be going to the best place (Rog just had to say yes). Yes, he is very very lucky.

Hilda - he is "special needs" so you can't rehome him.;)

..I've a feeling that I may have rejoined the Failed Fosterers Club..if the RSPCA let me keep him...

:lol::lol: you have to keep him now!! The bond is sealed once you've helped them get through a little bunny trauma!

I know I've said on another thread how lucky I am to live in a lovely village, and to have such wonderful neighbours....
Look what my neighbours came round with this afternoon...

A Get Well gift for little Dave. She'd gone out and hunted for some nice fresh dandelion leaves , bramble leaves and added some carrot and veg and done it all up in a little basket!!

I must have been very good in a past life to deserve such good neighbours, loyal family and fab Forum friends. Thanks to everyone for their support:love::love:
DSC00934.jpg

that is so thoughtful - i hope little dave enjoyed tucking in:D

all i can say about your fab neighbours, i believe you reap what you sow in life so you must be a lovely person and they can see that:)

Back