• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Dave please..U/D I'M SO LUCKY!!!

I just wish now that I had had him longer and been able to spot it myself. You are going to have one amazing bunny once he gets over the surgery he is such a character
Don't worry about it..you had him just over a week and probably did just as we did..several days with minimum handling until he settled in. But the RSPCA had him for a couple of months before that didn't they? I was told that only a quick check had been done when they found him because he was so traumatised but even so..... He was neutered just before I took him so if they'd taken that opportunity to give him a proper health check it would have been noticed.

Don't worry about it..you had him just over a week and probably did just as we did..several days with minimum handling until he settled in. But the RSPCA had him for a couple of months before that didn't they? I was told that only a quick check had been done when they found him because he was so traumatised but even so..... He was neutered just before I took him so if they'd taken that opportunity to give him a proper health check it would have been noticed.

They didnt even notice it when he was assessed for a GA :shock:....... :evil:

DSC00930.jpg

that is awful. It is also worrying that no one picked up on it sooner. You'd think something like that would be more 'obvious' when doing a health check?!! I suppose with the number of rabbits/ animals the RSPCA deal with, it might have been missed. Still. It does explain a lot and what a lucky, brave, sweet bunny he is. I am glad he will pull through and hopefully this is the end of the trauma and nothing but happiness from now on - what else with Hilda as a Mummy and Rog as Daddy.

He seems fine..has had a cuddle with rog and did a few tooth purrs:D:D:D. He's had a long lasting painkiller, so that obviously helps. He's eaten everything we've put in front of him tonight and is his usual lively self. Fingers crossed this will be the end of the dramas for Dave. He's on baytril as well.

Well..no wonder the poor thing's traumatised and frightened. He'd been shot! The hard lump was an airgun pellet and the gritty feeling bits were shrapnel and pieces of his cheekbone. Too choked at the moment to say much more, but he is doing well and will be fine. More details when I've collected myself:cry:

:shock::shock: OMG poor Dave.. I just can't believe it!
( sorry I couldn't come to the phone I was colouring Jen's hair)

I know Donna. He's a lucky bunny. It could have been his eye, or just a bit lower and his upper tooth roots would have had it. The vet is amazed that he didn't die of shock when it happened as he must have been in agony :cry:

I know Donna. He's a lucky bunny. It could have been his eye, or just a bit lower and his upper tooth roots would have had it. The vet is amazed that he didn't die of shock when it happened as he must have been in agony :cry:

I just cant stop thinking about Dave.
How could anyone be so cruel.

Honestly, the human race sickens me at times :evil:

:cry:

I've only just caught up with this :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF has happened to this poor bun?! I'm really pleased he now has people who care about him. He sounds a very special bunster:love:

Wishing him a speedy recovery x

Poor baby :cry:
So glad he's with you. Hope he pulls through...he must be feeling so much better now it's out. What sick disgusting :censored: could do that?
It really is beyond me.

OMG, no wonder the poor little mite has been terrified.

How the hell wasn't that picked up on? Ok, he was too scared to be handled properly, but he was unconscious during his neuter ..

Thank god he found his way to you and that thing is finally out.

Lots of vibes for a fast recovery for him, if you need anything just shout x

(sorry I missed your call, was at dog training freezing to death :( )

Hi Vikki. I noticed it when I got him. He'd been with the rspca since August and presumably he wasn't shot there..How on earth did they not pick that up?

Did they find it on x-ray? if not i'd expect them to x-ray the rest of his body - he may well have others lodged in other places :shock: :(:(

Still can't get over how brave little Dave is.:love::love::love: To have gone over 6 months with that. After speaking to you earlier, I showed Carl the photo and I couldn't repeat what he said about who had done it.

Sending loads of get well vibes to Dave, oh and I forgot to ask you to give him a gentle nose rub earlier.

Did they find it on x-ray? if not i'd expect them to x-ray the rest of his body - he may well have others lodged in other places :shock: :(:(

Hi Yes..the XRay was a pretty extensive one which showed his skeleton as far as his thighs. He was given a rigorous check while under GA so we are sure there are no other nasty surprises lurking in the shadows. He spent an hour free ranging tonight, but didn't do any of his mountaineering feats..probably still a bit woozy from the op. Eating and pooing loads though..

Back