• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Daphne

Popping in to see how your precious girl has fared the night. Hope she's doing well. xxxxx

I've just had an update for the morning. Shes taken her meds okay, had some syringe feeding and been hand fed dandelion leaves.

She's stable. Hasn't become worse but no real difference seen. They did think they saw her munching on dandelions but she ran away....

So there is now a security camera set up in the rabbit run so they can monitor if she is eating the fresh food and forage of her own accord.

I've been sent videos of dad giving treatments etc and I honestly believe Daphne has a new favourite hoomin.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Well you certainly don't need to worry about the care that Daphne is getting from both your parents. I would imagine that they are really pleased that they are coping so well too. Parents like to feel they can still be of use and help their children when necessary :) I would imagine that Daphne can sense that they are sincere in their care as well.

Sending her lots more vibes and I'm pleased that she seems stable.

I'm there now. Haven't been in to see her but all meds have been given today. I'll steal some forage from the garden (tree leaves/branches etc) and go sit in there.

They haven't seen her eating of own accord but she will take hand feeding.

I'm there now. Haven't been in to see her but all meds have been given today. I'll steal some forage from the garden (tree leaves/branches etc) and go sit in there.

They haven't seen her eating of own accord but she will take hand feeding.

Awww sending vibes still. I hope you get passed security. I heard the password is dandies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i decided to just throw dandelions into the area just in front of Daphne to see what she done... By the pictures I think you can tell.

I added their pellets to a bowl, she took one. (More that Phoebe who decided she prefers to steal the recovery food).
6dd87001102f5c7f672504949bdfc712.jpg
de7ece84d63c390d662464306a9bc8e3.jpg
23d190d50421b660e442a2e7896c0209.jpg

I have noticed her left eye is slightly cloudy and the pupil has some slight changes so I'm thinking the most likely thing going on here is EC.
I'm super glad her head tilt is minimal. I'm hoping she'll adjust quickly and be able to keep living a normal bunny life although I'll start looking into making an access ramp up to the top of their den etc as I dont want her jumping.

Last edited:
So i decided to just throw dandelions into the area just in front of Daphne to see what she done... By the pictures I think you can tell.

I added their pellets to a bowl, she took one. (More that Phoebe who decided she prefers to steal the recovery food).
6dd87001102f5c7f672504949bdfc712.jpg
de7ece84d63c390d662464306a9bc8e3.jpg
23d190d50421b660e442a2e7896c0209.jpg

My heart can’t cope with all this DP-ness! :love:

I am very happy she is eating, she looks well

What a lovely house and colour scheme she has too

She started to really struggle with balance... rolling around. Ramp is being removed from the hutch and top blocked off. If she becomes worse she'll be confined to the shed with Phoebe & it'll just be a basic level with simple hides but i want to leave this as a last resort.

Poor Daphne :( It must be frightening for her. It's good though that you have options to manage it.

:( oh girlie. At least she is in good hands with you and your parents looking after her

She is such a beautiful rabbit - and she is so lucky to have you there caring for her. I agree with Omi - she is probably very frightened and can't work out what is happening but you being there will be a wonderful comfort to her.
Toppingup the vibes for Daphne. xxx

Dad has apparently set alarms on his phone etc for Daphnes medicines and feeding times.

On the plus side, she was just actively looking for food and eating and leaving little piles of semi-normal poos. So its not all bad.
8bc73085c98dd4d4993eb14c6f92522f.jpg

Back