• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Daisy please... U/D P65 getting better :o)

From experience it can take 2/3 days for gut motility to establish itself once more.

Is she drinking well? Could you syringe her some water to ensure she's well hydrated? :D

If only!! No chance of me syringing anything, I'm afraid... She developed a fear of syringes in the rescue I got her from, as the guy in charge of the rabbits wasn't the most gentle of handlers, and he medicated her after she was spayed :(
This is why the vet gave me some injectable meds to bring home yesterday.. But I cocked up the metacam this morning, it came out the other side of the 'tent' I'd made in her scruff :( I'm just useless :(
But! She is eating much more enthusiastically now, she's just had a heaped saucer full of wet Spring greens/parsley, with no hesitation at all... Poops are nowhere near enough still, but the size has improved. I'm hoping she's on her way back up now...

Hope Daisy is back to normal soon. I cant syringe feed Mr B, you just can't with some bunnies. Good luck with the next injection. Xxx

If only!! No chance of me syringing anything, I'm afraid... She developed a fear of syringes in the rescue I got her from, as the guy in charge of the rabbits wasn't the most gentle of handlers, and he medicated her after she was spayed :(
This is why the vet gave me some injectable meds to bring home yesterday.. But I cocked up the metacam this morning, it came out the other side of the 'tent' I'd made in her scruff :( I'm just useless :(
But! She is eating much more enthusiastically now, she's just had a heaped saucer full of wet Spring greens/parsley, with no hesitation at all... Poops are nowhere near enough still, but the size has improved. I'm hoping she's on her way back up now...

Sounds as though she is gradually improving. I really hope the trend continues. You are not useless, I defy anyone to claim that they have never messed up giving an injection. Although no doubt someone will :lol:

:( Oh dear, poor little one!

You're not at all useless - we've all done the tent thing and it coming out the other side :wave:

Glad to hear she is eating - hope it continues. Lots of vibes xx

Well, after messing up this mornings injection, I wasn't taking any chances tonight, so took Daisy back to the vets so they could do it!! So she's had metacam, baytril and emeprid tonight, and had her bladder expressed again - normal wee this time :) she is loads happier now, interested in things again and hopping about more, and looking for food :) just need her output to improve, and I think she'll be fine :) I had to take her tonight or I would have just spent the whole night worrying... I haven't slept all week as it is! Hopefully tonight will be better!! Thanks guys x

I should keep my mouth shut! She is still bright this morning, but output hasn't improved and smells awful - probably due to the meds? Not eaten as much this morning, but I think she was worried I was going to grab her again, bless her... Maybe she will improve more once the antibiotics are out of her system, as she was doing better last night before she had the baytril again..

I should keep my mouth shut! She is still bright this morning, but output hasn't improved and smells awful - probably due to the meds? Not eaten as much this morning, but I think she was worried I was going to grab her again, bless her... Maybe she will improve more once the antibiotics are out of her system, as she was doing better last night before she had the baytril again..

Yes the meds can muck things up a bit - just like in hoomins. I was glad to see the update last night, so I really hope she steadily improves during today.

You need a bit of worry off your shoulders so you can get some rest too :D

Back