• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Daisy please... U/D P65 getting better :o)

She has eaten lots of Spring greens and some parsley this evening... Not ideal for sludgy bladders, but anything is better than nothing right now.. She had a nice juicy grape too. Then just now before I went to bed, she produced her first poops all day.. Really tiny sticky things at first, but they gradually got a bit bigger.. Still a long way from being normal, but I'm so glad something is coming out again... Hopefully tomorrows vet will help her improve some more...

Good luck at the vet.

I used to have a bun with really chalky wee. Nothing else wrong with her.
My very rabbit savvy vet said to increase fluid input by making her drink more water. A splash of apple juice in her bowl and her urine was diluted.

She has eaten lots of Spring greens and some parsley this evening... Not ideal for sludgy bladders, but anything is better than nothing right now.. She had a nice juicy grape too. Then just now before I went to bed, she produced her first poops all day.. Really tiny sticky things at first, but they gradually got a bit bigger.. Still a long way from being normal, but I'm so glad something is coming out again... Hopefully tomorrows vet will help her improve some more...

I don't know if you've read this and the other information on calcium/bladder sludge on here: https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ar...t-for-rabbits-with-urinary-tract-disease/view But I wouldn't worry too much about feeding spring greens and parsley, hydration is the key, especially right now so greens is the best food, even moderate calcium greens.

The 'big wee' is exactly what happened with Artie when he was first diagnosed with bladder sludge, I've no idea how a dwarf lop could fit that amount of liquid in his bladder! I was told he held it so long as it would be painful passing it given all the calcium in it :cry:

I don't know if you've read this and the other information on calcium/bladder sludge on here: https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ar...t-for-rabbits-with-urinary-tract-disease/view But I wouldn't worry too much about feeding spring greens and parsley, hydration is the key, especially right now so greens is the best food, even moderate calcium greens.

The 'big wee' is exactly what happened with Artie when he was first diagnosed with bladder sludge, I've no idea how a dwarf lop could fit that amount of liquid in his bladder! I was told he held it so long as it would be painful passing it given all the calcium in it :cry:

Thanks :) yes, I've read that before, as I have another bun who had a similar problem. The thing with Daisy though is that she WAS still weeing, her litter tray was still soaked every day! I'm really confused!!

Thanks :) yes, I've read that before, as I have another bun who had a similar problem. The thing with Daisy though is that she WAS still weeing, her litter tray was still soaked every day! I'm really confused!!

She may have been weeing, but not fully emptying her bladder every time. Thus allowing the sediment to build up and eventually become too thick to pass without a bit of help. Bladder sludge can develop over several weeks or even months before the problem becomes evident.

She may have been weeing, but not fully emptying her bladder every time. Thus allowing the sediment to build up and eventually become too thick to pass without a bit of help. Bladder sludge can develop over several weeks or even months before the problem becomes evident.

Ok, thanks Jane. I have left Daisy at the vets this morning for fluids and blood test, she did some more tiny droppings overnight and is still eating her greens. Hopefully she'll feel better when I pick her up at lunchtime :)

Ok, thanks Jane. I have left Daisy at the vets this morning for fluids and blood test, she did some more tiny droppings overnight and is still eating her greens. Hopefully she'll feel better when I pick her up at lunchtime :)

Hope you've good news by now.

Topping up the vibes for Daisy :wave:

So I picked Daisy up at lunchtime. She's had 250ml of fluids, metacam, baytril, emeprid and Zantac injections, full blood profile. I have metacam and baytril injections for tomorrow, so I don't have to take her back unless necessary. She has eaten some grass, Spring greens and parsley this evening, and done some bigger droppings than yesterday :) still won't eat hay or much else... But she seems happier...

Hardly any poops overnight, just those little horrible hard things again :( although she ate a big plate of greens and parsley! Really worried. Bloods come back today. I need her to get better :( will have to take her for more gut injections I think :(

This is like a roller coaster :( she's just been in her litter tray and done some better poops.. She must have read my mind about taking her back to the vets... I'll see how she is at lunchtime.

It will probably take a couple of days for her GI tract motility to fully return to normal. It may be a good idea to keep the prokinetics going until her poo output is normal again xx

It will probably take a couple of days for her GI tract motility to fully return to normal. It may be a good idea to keep the prokinetics going until her poo output is normal again xx

Thanks Jane. It's so stressful having a poorly bun! Luckily it's been a while since I've experienced it, but it's horrid :(

This is like a roller coaster :( she's just been in her litter tray and done some better poops.. She must have read my mind about taking her back to the vets... I'll see how she is at lunchtime.

From experience it can take 2/3 days for gut motility to establish itself once more.

Is she drinking well? Could you syringe her some water to ensure she's well hydrated? :D

Back