• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Daisy please... U/D P65 getting better :o)

Thanks everyone. She is eating enough to satisfy me, but no output since lunchtime :( if no poops by tomorrow we'll be off to the vets :(

Oh dear :(

How are her teeth looking these days?

Sounds like gut motility meds may be required ... Will this mean a sleepless night for you?

Well, she did a fair few droppings overnight, but about half the size they should be, and very dry. Not eating much this morning, apart from a bit of grass and a couple of treats, and a bit of coriander. Going to vets at 2.10 :(

Thanks... I'm actually at work, but luckily my boss is letting me have an extended lunch break to take Daisy. I'm worried about her. If she needs meds syringing at home I've got no chance :( and she isn't even eating her banana with metacam in it, only a little bit, and she needs that for her arthritis :(

Thanks... I'm actually at work, but luckily my boss is letting me have an extended lunch break to take Daisy. I'm worried about her. If she needs meds syringing at home I've got no chance :( and she isn't even eating her banana with metacam in it, only a little bit, and she needs that for her arthritis :(

Thinking of you both. Hope all goes well :)

Oh my God. What a traumatic experience!! When the vet was examining Daisy, he felt her bladder, then a huge wee gushed out at him, (soaking his pants!) which he was surprised at, as he said that doesn't usually happen with rabbits. Then he had another feel, and another huge wee came out.. And it just kept coming! Neither of us could believe how much was in there... It was very very sludgy :( it was like clay, he said :( it went all over everywhere and everything, and Daisy just sat there, bless her. We had to wait 45 mins to go in, as he was running late :( she has had metacam and baytril, and has to go back tomorrow to see if any more comes out.. I mentioned gut motility meds, but because we were in there ages and he was late, I think he forgot about it, and I got mixed up as she'd had baytril, only realised afterwards :( so I hope she is ok tonight. She has just gone outside anyway, and when I got back from work she'd eaten some brambles and coriander :) thanks for the vibes. My poor girl, she must have been so uncomfortable :( :( :(

Poor girl. Is she less mobile due to her arthritis ? Reduced mobility can lead to bladder sludge. Personally I'd ask the Vet about running a full blood profile to see how her kidneys are coping. An abdominal xray would be useful, but it would require a GA to do it so it may not be appropriate at the moment.

Did the Vet give Daisy any fluids ? Now she has emptied her bladder maximising her fluid intake would help continue to flush the calcium deposits (sludge) in her bladder out.

I hope she will start to feel a lot better soon xx

Gosh, what a shock for you, the vet and I suspect also Daisy :shock: Hopefully she'll feel a bit more comfortable now.

Sending eating vibes for her and I hope she improves soon.

Poor girl. Is she less mobile due to her arthritis ? Reduced mobility can lead to bladder sludge. Personally I'd ask the Vet about running a full blood profile to see how her kidneys are coping. An abdominal xray would be useful, but it would require a GA to do it so it may not be appropriate at the moment.

Did the Vet give Daisy any fluids ? Now she has emptied her bladder maximising her fluid intake would help continue to flush the calcium deposits (sludge) in her bladder out.

I hope she will start to feel a lot better soon xx

I don't like the vet I saw :evil: he won't give S/C fluids for some reason, he does it IV, so they need to stay there for a while for that. I don't know why he won't do S/C :( but we are going back in the morning and seeing my favourite vet, so hopefully she'll do as I ask... Yes, I know about the reduced mobility issue - Daisy does tend to just sit around for most of the day. She has lost weight though, which is good, as she was very overweight... I will see about bloods tomorrow. Thanks Jane x

Last edited:
Also, she has still been weeing lots! So I don't understand it really, where all that came from today?? I just cleaned out her litter tray (I do it after work every day) and three whole newspapers were soaked through! And that's from before the vet trip...!

Back