• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for charlie if you can spare any

Well after a sleepless night he still seems very down, he still hasnt eaten or pooed yet, he has come out of the dog crate and is snuggled with grace but i am still worried, he took a tiny amount of carrot top but that's all, i think i am going to syringe feed him now and if he dosent improve in a few hours i will take him back in. xxx

Well after a sleepless night he still seems very down, he still hasnt eaten or pooed yet, he has come out of the dog crate and is snuggled with grace but i am still worried, he took a tiny amount of carrot top but that's all, i think i am going to syringe feed him now and if he dosent improve in a few hours i will take him back in. xxx

Hoping that he bounces back very soon xxx

I'd just syringe water if he is still bloated, syringe feeds may make him worse.
I'd also give the Vet a call as soon as they open as he may need to be admitted

Me too, i'm driving my self mad worrying :?
I have spent the night downstairs with him but he just seems to want to be quiet. xx

Louie had an similar episode a couple of weeks ago. He was still eating hay and a bit of carrot tops but it took him a good week or so before he started eating properly again.

Hope he improves very soon xxx

Oh dear im sorry to hear theres no improvement :(

I think if i were you Id take him back to the vets as a matter of emergency. Just a suggestion though and you know him best.

Come on Charlie, start pooping little man xxxxxxxxxx

:( Oh sorry to hear he hasn't perked up, did he drink anything? Best of luck with the syringing, your being cruel to be kind so don't feel bad. If the vet has ruled out obstruction of any kind it might help him, I hope he gets better soon, did he get sleep aswell?

Just got back from the vets, charlie had done a few poo's and a squidgy one in the carrier, i have to monitor him today and take him back later if he seems to go downhill, he has eaten a tiny bit of basil and carrot top and seems a bit more lively than earlier, he isnt dehydrated but i will continue to monitor him today and take him back if i am worried. xxxxxxx

Just got back from the vets, charlie had done a few poo's and a squidgy one in the carrier, i have to monitor him today and take him back later if he seems to go downhill, he has eaten a tiny bit of basil and carrot top and seems a bit more lively than earlier, he isnt dehydrated but i will continue to monitor him today and take him back if i am worried. xxxxxxx

Keep up the good work :thumb: xxxxxxxxx

yay sounds like he may have turned the corner - well done, lets hope he starts being 'Charlie' again, I'd probably get him everything he needs laid out and then have a sleep - you'll be shattered otherwise. You might wake up and find him a bit better with a bit of luck x

I'm really pleased to hear Charlie has perked up a little :) Lots more vibes coming his way, hope he's back to normal soon xxx

Back