• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for charlie if you can spare any

I'm trying everything, his little head is all down and i have just put a warm fleece under his tummy, he looks so miserable. xx

Yes he will do, try and stay positive and not fuss too much, personally i would darken the area, ensure he is warm with some warm water in a bowl, some hay, and some yummy things even a bit of banana near him and his litter tray and then leave him for an hour and then encourage him to move a little if he won't and is tooth grinding I'd not push it but just gently rub his back and down the sides in a circular motion. Fingers crossed for you, it's very depressing - Gizmo has had it a couple of times and it's a fine line between him recovering or me phoning he vet, luckily I've managed to get him out of it. He's had treatment aswell so will be shattered. He's a good chance of getting better with warmth and rest and if everything is there for him he might surprise you.x

Do you have any idea what's triggered it? I think with Gizmo it was carrot but, possibly Timothy Hay???? It's only happened a couple of times but, I am very careful now not to feed stuff straight from the fridge as I suspect that may have been a factor??

Yes he will do, try and stay positive and not fuss too much, personally i would darken the area, ensure he is warm with some warm water in a bowl, some hay, and some yummy things even a bit of banana near him and his litter tray and then leave him for an hour and then encourage him to move a little if he won't and is tooth grinding I'd not push it but just gently rub his back and down the sides in a circular motion. Fingers crossed for you, it's very depressing - Gizmo has had it a couple of times and it's a fine line between him recovering or me phoning he vet, luckily I've managed to get him out of it. He's had treatment aswell so will be shattered. He's a good chance of getting better with warmth and rest and if everything is there for him he might surprise you.x

He's gone into the dog crate they use as a base and that has a cover over it so yes it is dark and warm, am going to syringe feed him in a mo, i hate to see him so down, have put some herbs and pellets in the crate to get him to eat. xx

He's gone into the dog crate they use as a base and that has a cover over it so yes it is dark and warm, am going to syringe feed him in a mo, i hate to see him so down, have put some herbs and pellets in the crate to get him to eat. xx

I didn't get as far as syringing tbh - Gizmo has gone for a good while on sipping water though, I'd be more inclined probably to hold a water bottle to the side of his mouth if he will drink that is a good sign and you can lay off the syringing for a bit longer. Just that mine would find that very very stressful which wouldn't really help the tension, you need him to relax.

I didn't get as far as syringing tbh - Gizmo has gone for a good while on sipping water though, I'd be more inclined probably to hold a water bottle to the side of his mouth if he will drink that is a good sign and you can lay off the syringing for a bit longer. Just that mine would find that very very stressful which wouldn't really help the tension, you need him to relax.

I know i dont want to stress him any more than i have to, he has a bowl of cooled boiled water by his side and i'm trying to tempt him. x

I know i dont want to stress him any more than i have to, he has a bowl of cooled boiled water by his side and i'm trying to tempt him. x

No the bowl didn't work Gizmo pushed it away in the end, the bottle was better because he didn't have to move and just put it gently at the side of his mouth and he gently drank but, I squeezed very lightly so his little tongue didn't have to work too hard and he seemed to like the novelty of that :roll: It's a combination of rest, tummy warmth and gently moving around a bit that works in rotation I think. It's quite a long process though, I sat up once all night with Gizmo. Not too bad as was able to sleep the next day. I did doze off and he jumped up on the sofa at that point :lol:

I feel for you.
I have been through this before, tormenting myself what i should do for the best. Sorry i am not offering advice but i do hope he recovers soon.

Another thing I've noticed as a pattern is good wee happens a couple of hours before he is back to normal.

Edited to say signing off now, very best of luck, I hope he bounces back after a good sleep and is well again.xx

Last edited:
I feel for you.
I have been through this before, tormenting myself what i should do for the best. Sorry i am not offering advice but i do hope he recovers soon.

It really is horrible, he has moved to the back of the dog crate so i cant get near him. xx

Another thing I've noticed as a pattern is good wee happens a couple of hours before he is back to normal.

Edited to say signing off now, very best of luck, I hope he bounces back after a good sleep and is well again.xx

I'm sure he will be a bit better by morning i will stay with him through the night. x

I feel I should stay up with you:(.
I have felt so alone and afraid at night when i have had poorly buns.
If he is warm, there maybe no more you can do tonight so it maybe best you try and get some sleep.
Its not really any help but i do understand your distress at your poorly bun.

Do you have any idea what's triggered it? I think with Gizmo it was carrot but, possibly Timothy Hay???? It's only happened a couple of times but, I am very careful now not to feed stuff straight from the fridge as I suspect that may have been a factor??

Iv'e never given them food straight from the fridge, i'm totally baffled as to what has caused it, he hasnt had or done anything different. x

More vibes to your bun, I dread this happening again to Lola. I give very little amount of pellets now, and much more hay and greens (nothing else poor deprived bunsters, no more carrots or other treats) Do hope the night goes ok and there is good news in the morning.

Oh no, not again. I'm so sorry, it's so hard having to stay up with them when they're going through this. Sending lots of vibes for Charlie xx

Back