• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetline Respiratory food

Alicia

Mama Doe
https://www.miscota.co.uk/small-animals/cunipic/pr-118422

Has anyone tried this? I really want to do more for Jelly but aside from doing bloods (which the vet doesn't think will show up anything) we don't really know what to do. She's got a heart condition and she struggles with breathing, apparently linked to her heart condition. She's on Frusol and Pimobendan daily, I want to ask the vets for her notes because she had most of the tests done during COVID and with masks and consults outside etc. I'm not sure I fully caught all the information I was told. I'm not sure if I can ask for that? I thought about either slowly changing over to this food to try and help her breathing or just adding it to her current food (science selective junior - junior to help keep weight on her)

Breathing difficulties frequently occur in cases of congestive heart failure. As Jelly has a known heart condition the Vet should be regularly monitoring her and this should include blood tests. Her dose of diuretic (Frusol) might need adjusting, it is an accumulation of fluid on the lungs (pulmonary oedema) caused by CHF that leads to respiratory distress. There are also different drugs that can be prescribed. What diagnostics were done to diagnose her heart condition ? They should include an U/S of the heart,bloods and an ECG as well as chest X-rays.

I doubt a dietary change will be of any real benefit to her regarding respiratory symptoms related to Heart Failure.

Back