• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vasline

Ross

Warren Scout
Ello :)

Quick question, is "Vaseline lip therapy" safe for bunny's?

Not to put it on them per say, but I have to use it quite alot for my lips and just want to know how carefully to be before kissing them :D and also in case it goes on other things they can touch lick throw lol

My lips are so chapped all the time, but I get so worried about getting it on them

A tiny bit of ingestion of the Vaseline wont do any harm. Word of warning, if you get cold sores don’t let your Rabbit kiss your lips. Rabbits can contract the Cold Sore Virus ( Herpes Simplex) and there has been evidence that it has the potential to make Rabbits very poorly.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9150545/

Thank you!! That puts my mind at ease!! And thanks lucky I don't get cold sores, just dried split lips!! Thanks for the help :D

Semi offtopic, but you might find the vaseline makes your lips worse: being petroleum based it can actually make water less available for your skin. Try shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax or similar (or mixed) as these all have different hydrating benefits :)

Back