• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update got the buns ADVICE NEEDED thinking of rescuing 2 netherland dwarfs

lol.. i cant get rid of the bloody smell, i clean them up and they all start again, tiggi and willow are going wild, its like ive got a classroom full of over sexed 18 year olds. I thought my 8 wouldnt be too bad with all being done but nnooooooo its like they are all forgot. Im keeping the names pixie and daisy because they really suit them, i will take some pics tomorrow when i dont have to use the flash. With the forage would i treat it the same as introducing any new food, bit by slow bit. They are used to all manner of veg the woman said but im having to slowly wean them off wagg rabbit muslie.

Sorry but :lol::lol::lol:

I'm loving the floor covered with tiny poos whilst Pixie sits happily in a poo free tray :lol:

Doesn't daisy have pretty blue eyes:love:

:lol:

They are gorgeous :love: when Boots first moved in the living room was covered in wall to wall scattered poop whilst he marked out his terriritory. The poo line receded day by day closer and closer to the tray thank goodness until there's barely ever any stray poops.

I must admit I am a tad envious - we hardly ever see true Nethies over here these days. I used to have a couple of Himalayan Nethies. It's worth a few poohs! :lol:

you give me hope zoobec :lol: whats a true nethie tonibun, are these true ones. I know zero about the breed to be honest, the woman said she bought them from a breeder at get this, 5 WEEKS, i dont know how their digestive systems are so good. daisy the blue eyes looks silvery/lilac in places in certain lights

the bloody smell of this house is horrendous lol.. it is like a party you re right. managed to get 2 pics which wasnt bleary :lol: this is daisy
daisy_zpsxkopqhob.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] this is pixie
pixie_zpsoiv3msxe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They do look adorable :love::love::love:

I think they might be a little overweight but you can sort that out as time goes by. The previous owners probably just gave them a full bowlful of food with little or no hay - this is what normally happens.

Aww they're very beautiful girls :love: How have they been settling in?

Hello?.... Willow and Squiggles?..... are you there?.....

Oh my God, she's trapped under a mountain of poo! :shock: Don't panic W&S, help is on the way!

Aww they're very beautiful girls :love: How have they been settling in?

Hello?.... Willow and Squiggles?..... are you there?.....

Oh my God, she's trapped under a mountain of poo! :shock: Don't panic W&S, help is on the way!

Either that or she has been asphyxiated by the smell :lol:

OMG lmao here. they are not shy one bit, they are going for my other buns through the cage we have had to put metal panels in front so they cant fight. If im honest its been mayhem. Tiggi (top bun in 1 quad) and squiggles (top bun in other quad) have been trying to fight like mad, they have been chasing and quabbling with there bonded quad making sure they all know that THEY are the top girls not the new girls. They have all 8 been chewing at any wood in sight, ive been ripping my hair out until we brought the panels in (which was protecting my growing bunny veg from the buns)....
Sorry about the rant but between poos everywhere, smells, fights and grunts i needed to unload :lol: they will all sleep tonight because they have hardly lay down today

Just to add a serious note here. Do be careful that the bonds of your two existing quads aren't compromised by the introduction of the two newbies. Referred aggression sounds a real possibility. Hopefully the metal panels will help, but do keep a close eye on things.

the poo party has calmed down a lot now and its only tiggi now which still goes to their pen but she cant get to them. Its getting less each day though. ive added a second level to the pen today to give them some more room i
DSCN0932_zpslhrhi2g1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0933_zps3a2q72cl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the poo party has calmed down a lot now and its only tiggi now which still goes to their pen but she cant get to them. Its getting less each day though. ive added a second level to the pen today to give them some more room i
DSCN0932_zpslhrhi2g1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0933_zps3a2q72cl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm gobsmacked by the work and organisation that's gone into this W&S :shock:
Truly incredible - you are so great with buns and their space :D

awww thankyou i didnt have any more lino so had to use carpet for now, (im very impulsive lol..) Ireally hate sawing as well but i didnt want to wait for the hubby to come in.

They are lovely :love: glad they are starting to settle back down now. I love the box your new buns have, did you make that yourself? I am looking for something along those lines for my shed.

Have only just caught up with this thread - they are just gorgeous and I'm so please they have such a fantastic new home:D

Having adopted my first nethie a few months ago - I am in love with the breed - so feisty and a huge personality. You will have your hands full - but they are very good fun to have around.

I'm glad the poop fest has reduced somewhat too ;)

I'm glad that things have calmed down a bit for you :).

What you've done looks great! Just curious, what room in your house have you given them? I'd love to have a dedicated room inside, but we just don't have space x

Back