• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update got the buns ADVICE NEEDED thinking of rescuing 2 netherland dwarfs

been to see the buns and brought them home with me lol.. i took their chicken coup apart and brought that home too. Ive made a makeshift pen out of it so they have somewhere cosy. i will post pics when i can get them still and out of the little house i made. And OMG i forgot about the scent poos to make territory, there must have been 100 in 10 mins, then my other buns came out and they could smell them and joined in with the pooing. My bloody house stinks lol.. They are lovely but very feisty.

Oooh I missed this when you posted it. Wow, fantastic :D Are you keeping their names? I can't wait to see pics. Sorry, but I giggled about the scent poos and your ones joining in :lol: At least you know their guts are working properly :lol:

When are they going to be introduced to their first meal of wholesome forage?

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of double-digit bunny ownership. :lol:

It doesn't take too long to learn how to tell the mood of uppy eareds. In some ways, it's more exaggerated than lops I find. Have fun with these nethies; I can't wait to see pictures of these lovely ladies!

lol.. i cant get rid of the bloody smell, i clean them up and they all start again, tiggi and willow are going wild, its like ive got a classroom full of over sexed 18 year olds. I thought my 8 wouldnt be too bad with all being done but nnooooooo its like they are all forgot. Im keeping the names pixie and daisy because they really suit them, i will take some pics tomorrow when i dont have to use the flash. With the forage would i treat it the same as introducing any new food, bit by slow bit. They are used to all manner of veg the woman said but im having to slowly wean them off wagg rabbit muslie.

Just little by little with the forage! :) All your other bunnies are family so strangers take some getting used to.

Stinky poo party at W&S house. Well we've had the red wee up the walls party already :lol:

I like uppy earred bunnies . I'm glad they are safe & look forward to blurry photos later x

Sorry, but I'm finding this hilarious :lol: It must be almost as much of an upheaval in your current rabbits' world as for the two new ones.

Yes, I agree with the forage, just small bits to start with. I would also try them on just one type for a few days and monitor whether they're experiencing any bad effects from it. Especially as you're having to gradually wean them off their Wagg muesli. I would find this all very fascinating, trying them on new stuff. It's not quite so interesting when you have three rabbits who will eat vast quantities of almost anything with minimal effects (apart from sheer pleasure of course).

lol.. i cant get rid of the bloody smell, i clean them up and they all start again, tiggi and willow are going wild, its like ive got a classroom full of over sexed 18 year olds. I thought my 8 wouldnt be too bad with all being done but nnooooooo its like they are all forgot. Im keeping the names pixie and daisy because they really suit them, i will take some pics tomorrow when i dont have to use the flash. With the forage would i treat it the same as introducing any new food, bit by slow bit. They are used to all manner of veg the woman said but im having to slowly wean them off wagg rabbit muslie.

Having eaten loads and loads of veggies, they will most likely do fine on forage!

I can't stop mine foraging when out in the garden, whether I wanted to or not :lol:

the bloody smell of this house is horrendous lol.. it is like a party you re right. managed to get 2 pics which wasnt bleary :lol: this is daisy
daisy_zpsxkopqhob.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] this is pixie
pixie_zpsoiv3msxe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm loving the floor covered with tiny poos whilst Pixie sits happily in a poo free tray :lol:

Doesn't daisy have pretty blue eyes:love:

Oh my gosh Daisy's eyes <3 (I love blue eyed buns. :lol:)

They are both gorgeous, and both look like butter wouldn't melt. "We're not having a poo party; THEY started it."

yeah not a single poo in that tray all night but plenty on the floor, they have been outside and pinched my carrot tops because they can reach them, they tried hawthorn today and loved it, daisy is also i little grunter lol.. i will conquer this poo party, i think i will celebrate when they poo in the tray:lol: i am just going to put all that poo in the tray and see do they get the idea

Back