• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update got the buns ADVICE NEEDED thinking of rescuing 2 netherland dwarfs

the box i found in the loft lol.. its a records holder from the 70s i just took the divides out, a door off and painted it. the room they have is the dining room lol.. when the kids move out i will give them the big bedroom, it has to look nice because you can see it from my living room, we have a square arch way dviding the living/dining room.

the box i found in the loft lol.. its a records holder from the 70s i just took the divides out, a door off and painted it. the room they have is the dining room lol.. when the kids move out i will give them the big bedroom, it has to look nice because you can see it from my living room, we have a square arch way dviding the living/dining room.

Ah, I thought it might be the dining room. It was a nice idea to paint the hutches, as it does make them look smart and more like pieces of furniture and the new bit is really clever x

You are a pure, dedicated, bunny addict of the very best sort :D:D:D

At one point I owned nine ND bunnies. Some liked to run around, others liked liked to sit and get pets.
I currently have 4 adults (2 ND) and 2 new ND's about 8 weeks old.

I wonder if the person who said they would let the bunnies outside if you did not take them was using that to pressure you knowing how you feel about bunnies--even though there are people who are that cruel and heartless.
At one time I owned a dutch bunny who was found running around. He was put up for adoption when he was not claimed so it is possible that he was let go rather than an escapee.

I get some supplies from a pet store that displays rescues. They recognize some people do not view rabbits as a long term commitment so they will not allow adoptions shortly before the Easter holiday. If a person wants a bunny during that time they will put it on hold for pick-up the following week.

thanyou for such lovely comments. They love to hop jump and run, they are more confident than most of my other buns and they are constantly scaving for food. Pixie is very affectionate both none of them sleep much during the day, they like being out even in the sun. I have grown to love them really quickly. Ive got my lino today so i need to lay that soon and paint, but its harder now because i need the dining room free of buns to do it lol..

Daisy and Pixie are both adorable bunnies. Pixie looks like the sable point ND brothers I owned and Dixie is adorable too! They are so lucky you are giving them a great home.

ive not a clue about colouring but find it really interesting. pixie is the one with the darker colours, so is she maybe a sable point? would you be able to have a guess at what you think daisy is, in life shes white with silvery shading on bottom of back, nose area, ears, the closest i could tell looking at google images is seal or something. They are going through what i think is their first proper moult at the minute so pixie looks like she has multicoloured legs lol..

The one with the black? ears and nose is a Himalayan Netherland, not sure about the other, as you say it might be a Sealpoint. :D

ive not a clue about colouring but find it really interesting. pixie is the one with the darker colours, so is she maybe a sable point? would you be able to have a guess at what you think daisy is, in life shes white with silvery shading on bottom of back, nose area, ears, the closest i could tell looking at google images is seal or something. They are going through what i think is their first proper moult at the minute so pixie looks like she has multicoloured legs lol..

You are right, I had the names mixed up. The beige with the brown ears, feet, tail, nose is a sable point (brown eyes) so that would be Pixie.
Are Dixie's eye's blue or grey?

Last edited:
its daisy not dixie thinks that where your getting confused lol... daisys eyes are blue yes and shes a silvery lilac colour. Yes pixie must be sable point, just need to figure what daisy is now. xx

its daisy not dixie thinks that where your getting confused lol... daisys eyes are blue yes and shes a silvery lilac colour. Yes pixie must be sable point, just need to figure what daisy is now. xx

Sorry about the confusion of the name. I hope Daisy and Pixie are settling in well.

Back