• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unsure on what to do :/

A reply to "Biscuit's Mum!"

Thankyou! Although all other replies were good, this one makes the most sense and is VERY realistic for me. A big thank you to you and everyone else who has helped me to make a decision.

I'm now going to go with "Biscuit's Mum!" Idea. For the both inside and outside time as it seems very logical and practical.

As for a snuggle safe I will either go with that idea or get a rabbit safe bed with a half covered fluffy roof thing (so hard to describe, a bit like a soft cat bed with half a roof and a small opening to climb in and out of). This way I don't have to reheat any snugglesafes and he can keep him self warm by sleeping in it on even on it if he chooses.

Again, a massive thank you. I've finally decided on a course of actiong for my little Thumper Stumper :):wave: Ta!

I used to have my Rodney in the house but bunnies do prefer being outside as they deal with the cold better than the heat, just make sure nows its getting cold that there is plenty of hay to keep warm with and yeah maybe one of them snugglesafe heat pads. When Rodney was inside he was panting alot coz it was too hot for him, spesh with that big fur coat on xx

I used to have my Rodney in the house but bunnies do prefer being outside as they deal with the cold better than the heat, just make sure nows its getting cold that there is plenty of hay to keep warm with and yeah maybe one of them snugglesafe heat pads. When Rodney was inside he was panting alot coz it was too hot for him, spesh with that big fur coat on xx

I don't agree with this. If they are kept indoors their coat doesn't grow thick like it does if they are outdoors - thus they don't overheat. IMO thats a ridiculous argument.

Sorry, have to totally disagree with your statement.

Buns moult their coat and if they were indoors, they wouldn't have a 'big thick' coat as much as an outdoor bunny would.

They can cope either indoors or outdoors. I for one wouldn't keep a bunny indoors if i thought it was not good for them, but its now becoming more and more common.

I have two very happy indoor bunnies!

Not a dig, just a disagreement, thats all :)

In the ideal world you can plan to make his life better in the future. But on those cold, lonely winter nights when he gets put back out on his own after being given the luxury of in the house warmth, he won't know your plans for him. He will just think about what he can see and feel at that moment. I find these notions comforting to humans. In reality a bun doesn't understand any future plans so it's what makes the difference to him every day he's with you that counts. It's the here and now that matters. Tbh I wouldn't need to ask opinions-my buns happiness or lack of is what makes the decisions for me. If someone wants to bring their bun in they would. They do not suffer in the house heat wise unless you have the heating on full! And would come to no harm coming in for 2 nights-cold snap coming or not they would not shed a coat in this time. Have you decided what to do over bonfire night? All ours come indoors every night and go back out in the morning, for 2 weeks-without any ill or moulting effects. But then it is like iraq with the chavs round here bonfire night lasts 2 weeks!

Back