• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two questions of first time rabbit owner.

I'm going to get a rabbit soon, but two things bother me.
1. Does it matter if the bunny is 1, 2 or 3 months old. I mean, as it's less, it'll get used to people faster.
2. Can a cat toilet with silicone granules be used for rabbits?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Working backwards to your questions I would say no to the second question. That’s only my view - I’m sure other ru members can shed more light on that issue.
As to the first question, it may be a bit early for a young bun. I would probably say 6 months for a new rabbit because it will be a huge upheaval for him/her. Itv will take your rabbit some time to adjust to the new surroundings but no matter of the age, it will be your time, your interactions that will determine how quickly your bunny settles in. Time spent = time rewarded and trust earned from your rabbit.
Hope this helps
Craig.

Whilst a "cat toilet" could be used for a bun the silica granules should not be. There is a good chance a rabbit will try and eat these.
Rabbits like to eat hay whilst utilising their facilities, we use an underbed storage box as a litter tray with a newspaper at the bottom and with a good layer of hay on top.
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Back