• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trixie Malt Paste

LilacBunbun

Warren Scout
Has anyone used this malt paste?? Petromalt is not available where I live, so I'm thinking of purchasing this paste, in case I need it some day...
41AOXR6FA%2BL._SY300_.jpg

Also, here is the company's page.

Personally I wouldn't bother. If there's a problem that requires intervention, then really the bun needs to see a vet to get some 'proper' medicine, in my opinion it's more likely to do harm than good using this sort of stuff. I think you'd be better off just feeding a good hay-rich diet to start off with and not worrying about products like this :D petromalt type products are not good for bunnies as they coat the intestines with oil-like substance which repels water, yet the main thing sluggish bunny guts need is lots of hydration, it's no longer considered good practice to prescribe that sort of thing to deal with stasis except in very specific circumstances and only after aggressive rehydration by a vet.

Last edited:
Since my boy consumes enormous amounts of hay, plus forage, I don't think I will need it. It's just that crazy worries I have, I might need something:lol:
Thank you both very much.

Back