• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tried to clip Ronnies Nails *rolls eyes*

Lets not resort to name calling please.

Forum members have a range of different experience with rabbits and people find different tasks challenging. If you find it easy to trim your rabbits toenails I suggest you share constructive advice on how you do it.

If part of that was directed at my comment, then I apologise for the 'fool' comment. I just get so sick of nasty people on here trying to bring others down. There were no reasons for those posts other than to try to belittle Becky.

If part of that was directed at my comment, then I apologise for the 'fool' comment. I just get so sick of nasty people on here trying to bring others down. There were no reasons for those posts other than to try to belittle Becky.
Totally agree:D
If people find it easy to cut nails fair enough,if they don,t then they don,t.No need for smart ass comments:D

:wave::wave: i cant do my Ella's claws - shes a willld thang and just goes mad when you try and do em - yet phoebe,piper,holli and even Fletcher (who hasnt even been with me a full year yet)will go straight on there back and let me do it!
Phoebe sometimes gets a bit huffy with me but i find putting a towel around him to restrict the wiggling usally works.
In terms of the "young bun/wise thumber" thing, I dont think anyone should be made to feel bad if they cant manage a bunnys claws - we all struggle at some point and its safer than trying when you cant manage and causing yourself and your bunbun an injury.
It took me about 2 month to master nail cutting but hey practice makes perfect :D

Last edited:
I find it's easier if one person holds and the other trims the nails. Thats how we do the difficult dogs and it seems to calm them when they know they are being held and can't escape :lol:

I find it's easier if one person holds and the other trims the nails. Thats how we do the difficult dogs and it seems to calm them when they know they are being held and can't escape :lol:

me and my mum done that with our dog lucy, it actually works with the buns to and they seem less stressed if my mum has hold and im cutting (because it means one person can talk and soothe while i can concentrate on snipping away)

i think id prefer not to learn how trance a rabbit knowing it puts them into a high stressed state over letting professionals clip the claws and check for any thing i may have missed while they are in my care

if only we could all be so perfect as to be born knowing how to handle fighting rabbits :roll::roll:

Back