• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tragic news/ PM results post 32/ UD post 79

Great to know they'll be in safe hands. Will a vet be able to tell whether they suffer from similar probs to little Newt without a GA?

Unfortunately it wouldn't show up except in a post mortum :( as it was a problem with his arteries, not something that would show up in an x-ray as far as I am aware :?

Quick update :)

Michelle has gone back to the garden centre today and they have agreed to let me have 2 more from the litter. The 3rd one is reserved but if they don't want it once they have been told the risks we will take that one too.

We will keep them here for a few months and then hopefully find them a new home with an understanding owner.

We will collect them once we know what is happening with the thrid baby :wave:

OMG Liz i am so glad they are coming to you :love: :love:

This is just so sad, i wasnt on yesterday so just read through the thread.
At least he passed being a much loved Rainbow Rabbit.
Binky free baby Newt, have fun at the bridge xx

Its great that Newt's brothers' and sisters' will be coming to you, poor wee souls, i hope that they have a long happy life!

Quick update :)

Michelle has gone back to the garden centre today and they have agreed to let me have 2 more from the litter. The 3rd one is reserved but if they don't want it once they have been told the risks we will take that one too.

We will keep them here for a few months and then hopefully find them a new home with an understanding owner.

We will collect them once we know what is happening with the thrid baby :wave:

That's fab. If Michelle or you need any help getting them let me know as I am not far from the garden centre.

Had a couple of busy days so have not kept up to date.

I'm so very sorry little Newt had to leave you so soon. But his passing has brought about a more secure future for his siblings - well done Liz and Michelle.

Mixed feelings really

I have bought the girl and a boy. The other boy has been reserved (with money put down on him). Apparently the lady who has reserved him is picking him up Friday but will be told of the possible problems. If she chooses not to have him, i will pick him up as well. I could have taken the two today but we thought it best to leave the three together so they have heat from eachother and one isn't left alone. I hope that the reserved then bun isn't just plonked outside in an outdoor hutch and get too cold:(

The pet shop are going by what they were told, that the buns will be 8 weeks on Friday and are ok to let go:(

The owner is still trying to get hold of the 'vet' who sold them. I do actually beleive this. As i've said before, as far as pet shops go, they are usually pretty good:?

The three buns appear to be healthy (on the outside), very friendly and full of energy.....just like little Newt was

Mixed feelings really

I have bought the girl and a boy. The other boy has been reserved (with money put down on him). Apparently the lady who has reserved him is picking him up Friday but will be told of the possible problems. If she chooses not to have him, i will pick him up as well. I could have taken the two today but we thought it best to leave the three together so they have heat from eachother and one isn't left alone. I hope that the reserved then bun isn't just plonked outside in an outdoor hutch and get too cold:(

The pet shop are going by what they were told, that the buns will be 8 weeks on Friday and are ok to let go:(

The owner is still trying to get hold of the 'vet' who sold them. I do actually beleive this. As i've said before, as far as pet shops go, they are usually pretty good:?

The three buns appear to be healthy (on the outside), very friendly and full of energy.....just like little Newt was

:shock::shock: This is so sad, even my vet said 4 weeks, possibly 5 at most :(

i am so sorry.i have just read little newts story,it has left me in tears with a huge lump in my throat:cry:what a beautiful little boy he was and albeit a very short life,it was one filled with the love of you both.my heart goes out to you all.xxx

Only just caught up with this

So sad Newt passed away, but as many have said, he had THE VERY BEST few last days possible. Here's hoping his siblings arent similarly affected and live long, happy lives!

The rest of the story sounds mightily bizarre - thats one very badly educated vet to think they were old enough to sell, even without any abnormalities, and Newt's were reasonably obvious! :?

I'm so sorry about poor little Newt. I hope all three of the baby buns are able to be kept together safe. Hopefully the other lady will change her mind.

Binky free little Newt. x

Back