• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrow......../In for her spay.........U/D 12th June

She hasnt moved from her bed at all and hasnt drank, ate, pooped or wee'd :( Is it to early to start worrying?

I hate this so much :cry:

How is she now?

I had Honey spayed yesterday, she slept loads when she came home, and didnt come round properly until this morning. She couldn't hop properly and wasnt eating much. But after another sleep this aft, she has perked up and is completely back to normal :)

Sending you lots of get well vibes :love:

awww hun dont panic till tomorrow... shell be really groggy and even with pain relief its gotta hurt some...

did they say take her back tomorrow if shes not pood or eaten?

I know it's horrible to watch but you can't expect too much from her tonight. Just leave with some tempting things and let her rest 9obviously, keep an eye on her). Does she have a water bowl to drink from? it's often easier for them than a bottle.
If she's still not eating by the morning I would ring the vets first thing in case they want to see her.

My girlies have all been still/quiet after their op...I'd wait til tomorrow for her to be a bit less groggy...

I would phone the vets in the morning hun,

Molly didnt move at all and then she started grinding her teeth because of the pain took her back for some Pain relief turned out she had a chest infection too :(

Well I got up a few times in the night and shehad eaten her basil and mint but no poo and she still lay in her litter tray!

And when i got up this morning...........................

LOADS of POO :D:D:D:D *jumps with joy*

She has eaten her veg and some treats i gave her but not her pellets (same when i had millie done) and she has had a wee in the litter tray shes lying in :roll: Its a towel in her litter tray just now:D

And she has taken her metacam no bother so im very happy :D
Although she occasionaly has her right eye closed :?

ETA: SHE JUST FLOPPED and i can see her tummy :love: its not a huge cut at all, quite small compared to what millies was! She must be happy that shes home :love: Just got to make sure she doesnt hurt herself in the process:roll:

Again ETA: she is eating her pellets :shock::love: xx

Last edited:
She is grinding her teeth even though she has had her metacam this morning, will she be ok?

ETA: She is much better and has been trying to run about :shock::roll: She has been grooming her teddies and flopping alot (she never used to flop this much) and she has eaten all her veg from this morning and eaten half of her pellets so im very pleased :love:

Last edited:
U/D

:shock::shock::shock::shock: Somethings just not right, shes acting strange :shock::shock:

Shes just SO happy and totally normal, not like a just spayed bunny should be acting :shock:
Shes eating SO much and theres more poo in her cage this morning than ive seen in her whole life :shock: Its EVERYWHERE:lol::lol:
Ive got to keep her calm as shes just SO hyper and wants to run about and is making a mess or her cage by throwing things about. And shes flopped more in the last 2 days than she has done the last few months :love:
As much as im happy that shes feeling ok im worried incase she hurts herself so i think i need to make her cage smaller just for the next few days :roll:

I have checked her wound and its looking great so thank god she hasnt hurt herself :)

I just dont get how shes feeling so well so soon *major confused face*:lol:

Thanks you everyone for the vibes she is doing really well :wave:

glad to hear she is eating and pooping like fury! :lol:
just to note, flopping can be a sign of discomfort too, so she might be overdoing it a little. i would definately keep her confined to the cage for now so she cant leg it around too much or stretch the stitches.

glad to hear she is eating and pooping like fury! :lol:
just to note, flopping can be a sign of discomfort too, so she might be overdoing it a little. i would definately keep her confined to the cage for now so she cant leg it around too much or stretch the stitches.

Dont worry she is confined to her cage even though she is desperate to get out :D I will be keeping a close eye on her and her stitches (they are internal stitches)
I just dont know how to calm her down :roll:

It's good that she is well, she is probably just feeling a little stir-crazy as she has no idea why she is being confined. It's amazing how quickly they can recover from an op.
Is she still on the metacam? If so, I would be worth talking to your vet about tailing it off, if she is so active she might injure herself.
Do you think she seems in better health than normal? If so there is a tiny possibility that there is something that normally niggles her, that is being masked by the metacam. I don't want to worry you, but it's just a thought

It's good that she is well, she is probably just feeling a little stir-crazy as she has no idea why she is being confined. It's amazing how quickly they can recover from an op.
Is she still on the metacam? If so, I would be worth talking to your vet about tailing it off, if she is so active she might injure herself.
Do you think she seems in better health than normal? If so there is a tiny possibility that there is something that normally niggles her, that is being masked by the metacam. I don't want to worry you, but it's just a thought

She has problems with the roots of her teeth and has been on metacam for a few months now and the course had just finished the week before her spay so she was just the same off as on. Shes her normal self but im just so surprised how happy she is so soon after her op.

When i had millie done (she was done at a diff vets and was given no pain relief:?) it took her a week and a bit to move properly and get her appitite back, she seemed so miserable and was probarbly in alot of pain. I just expected the same reaction :roll:

Ive been reducing her metacam gradually and is now on 0.35ml and is finished it on sunday but will give the vets a phone:)

she let me look at her wound today and it looks fine, its healing really well:)

Now she has a towel in her litter tray just now but is it ok to use megazorb now? I just dont want it getting stuck to her or irritating her?
:wave:

Back