• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrow......../In for her spay.........U/D 12th June

I hope it goes well. It's a terribly nerve-racking time. Keep yourself busy finding her lots of tasty herbs and treats and arranging a quiet, comfy corner for her to recover in, indoors, if you haven't already :)

Ive got everything already set-up (well in process of cleaning her cage) Ive got all meds incase she needs them, blankets, towels, beds, low litter tray, treats, fresh veg and herbs and Lots of her fav hay:)

She is an indoor bunny so thats not a problem, she shares my room (or i should say, I share HER room :roll::lol:)

Less than an hour and i can phone *wanders back and forth twiddling thumbs*

At least you don't have to be standing there watching and monitoring the anaesthetic like I do when mine are being neutered :shock::roll:

At least you don't have to be standing there watching and monitoring the anaesthetic like I do when mine are being neutered :shock::roll:

really how come you have to?

Ive done work experience at the ets before and was there when Blackie my bridge bun was having his incisors out :shock: I had to look away :oops::roll:

I'm a vet nurse. It's not that I don't trust my collegues to do the anaesthetic, it just feels right that I should, somehow. Maybe I'm just a control freak. I sort of feel that if I'm not good enough to monitor the anaesthetics of my own pets that i shouldn't be doing anyone elses if that makes sense :)

21 minutes and counting :lol:

I hope she has nibbled some of her packed lunch, i think the vet nurses thought i was mad for bringing in food for her but i dont care :):lol:

they won't think you're mad. We instruct our bunny and piggy owners to bring a packed lunch.
6 minutes :)

just on phone:D

ETA - Shes awake and just come round from her anesthetic, and i can get her at half 4 :D:D:D

so glad :D Now to get the next week over with :roll:

SHES HOME :D:D:D

My baby is all sleepy, and walks funny :( shes asleep in her new bed but i dont know if i should heat up her snugglesafe just now or later!?

The vet done Keyhole surgery and i got to see the videos and photos of her spay :) He had a good look around inside and said she is all healthy and theres nothing wrong going on inside, so thats good :)

Shes to get a dose of metacam tonight and tomorrow morning, and if she hasnt pooed by tomorrow morning to give zantac and if that doesnt work to go back! He said she had already poo at the vets so im pleased about that and hope she poos tonight!

Ive covered her cage with blankets to keep it dark and cosy for her until she isnt as sleepy and is feeling better.

Can i give her a little more food tonight since i feel really bad for putting her through this?:oops:

I'm so glad she's home and safe :) I kept wafting tasty basil leaves, treats and a shallow bowl of water under Daisys nose every half hour!!! I suffered so much guilt in the week or so afterwards watching Daisy hop awkwardly just keep telling yourself better this than the evil 'C'!!

It's great that she's doing so well! And that the vet gave her such a thorough all-clear. Well done Fudge! :wave:

The vet done Keyhole surgery and i got to see the videos and photos of her spay :) He had a good look around inside and said she is all healthy and theres nothing wrong going on inside, so thats good :)

Shes to get a dose of metacam tonight and tomorrow morning, and if she hasnt pooed by tomorrow morning to give zantac and if that doesnt work to go back! He said she had already poo at the vets so im pleased about that and hope she poos tonight!

Ive covered her cage with blankets to keep it dark and cosy for her until she isnt as sleepy and is feeling better.

Can i give her a little more food tonight since i feel really bad for putting her through this?:oops:

sending lots of pain free post-op recovery vibes!!! Your vet sounds good-keyhole surgery! ,she wont have a big wound to poke around at should only be a stitch or2,recovery should be quicker.I'd give her more food to encourage her to keep on eating,just spoil her for a day or so.
sending noserubs for her!!!:D

Shes not eaten or pooped yet but thats expected, but she is lying down in her litter tray (has a towel in it instead of megazorb) and she has one eye open and one closed :? Thats strange!

Also i need to give her metacam orally but dont want to disturb her and she normally takes it straight from the syringe but shes not happy just now so wont, how do i give her it with minimal stress?
:wave:

ETA: She has taken 0.4ml of ger 0.6ml metacam from the syringe :D Then she walked away and lay down again! Cant wait for her to be ok again :(

Last edited:
Back