• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothyhay.co.uk in boxes?

On another note Gracie where did you get that large carrier? That’d be ideal for carting 3 rabbits around in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the catit carrier, it's great opens from the top too, it's not the lightest but it needs to carry Penelope and Apricot which together are around 9kg so yeaaa [emoji38] got them on amazon :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I saw their notice that they were moving to boxes. Their reasoning sounds reasonable.

How big are the boxes? I can see a lot of people saying they're difficult to store? Are they much bigger than the bag?

I usually get a 9kg bag at a time and it fits nicely in a spot in a storage cupboard we have. We live in a flat so don't have much storage so might struggle if the boxes are much bigger than the bags!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Oh just seen people's photos!!! Don't look tooooo big. I think the box should be OK *fingers crossed*!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

delivery for loobers.
I've signed for it but need it shifting asap please :)

mWfvqlh.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my latest batch yesterday so I'll see how I get on with the new box. I always order the 9kg as I don't have a lot of storage space so I'm assuming my box will be a bit smaller than the ones Graciee posted pics of.

I ordered my latest batch yesterday so I'll see how I get on with the new box. I always order the 9kg as I don't have a lot of storage space so I'm assuming my box will be a bit smaller than the ones Graciee posted pics of.

I'm not sure, those boxes are 9kg each [emoji51] and they're bigger than the same size bag.

We always order a few 18kg at a time, but that's always arrived as 2 x 9kg bags and now boxes.

I'm not sure, those boxes are 9kg each [emoji51] and they're bigger than the same size bag.

We always order a few 18kg at a time, but that's always arrived as 2 x 9kg bags and now boxes.

Oh I didn't know that! I always thought the 18kg just came in bigger bags.

Oh I didn't know that! I always thought the 18kg just came in bigger bags.
Nah they've always just sent two 9kg bags for every 18kg we've ordered, I assume they just bag /box everything into 9kg regardless then just send one or two depending on the order. Also 18kg in one bag would probably be a lot to move about thinking about it [emoji38][emoji38]

How much is a 9kg box? The hay looks utterly amazing. I usually get ings from hay and straw which is lovely and soft. I pay eighteen pounds for 9.5kg.

How much is a 9kg box? The hay looks utterly amazing. I usually get ings from hay and straw which is lovely and soft. I pay eighteen pounds for 9.5kg.

its a little more expensive - 2020 Timothy Hay is £22 for 8.5kg. soft timothy hay is £19.50 for 8.5kg also.

I got the orchard grass for mine; I really wanted the oat but they're sold out. gotta admit, I do love how lovely & green it is. its the one thing I liked about haybox, but haybox is..quite a bit more expensive than timothyhay & hay&straw :shock:

its a little more expensive - 2020 Timothy Hay is £22 for 8.5kg. soft timothy hay is £19.50 for 8.5kg also.

I got the orchard grass for mine; I really wanted the oat but they're sold out. gotta admit, I do love how lovely & green it is. its the one thing I liked about haybox, but haybox is..quite a bit more expensive than timothyhay & hay&straw :shock:
I thought I was going mad so I had a look on their site... They've decreased the amounts right? Always used to be 9kg and 18kg..? Or am I losing it? [emoji51][emoji38]

And it costs the same as it used to.. So it's more expensive now..

Last edited:
I thought I was going mad so I had a look on their site... They've decreased the amounts right? Always used to be 9kg and 18kg..? Or am I losing it? [emoji51][emoji38]

Yes, you're right. I've just checked and website says it's to accommodate the smaller boxes :roll:

Yes, you're right. I've just checked and website says it's to accommodate the smaller boxes :roll:
Yea I just saw that [emoji38] and they're keeping the price the same because the boxes cost more to use [emoji38]

I don't wanna pay any more for hay :( whats it reduced to-7k?

eta - can cope with 500g less, in fact I'd pay that to have box over bag . Phew

This thread shows how rubbish I am at maths. I thought haybox wasn't much different per kilo if you buy 15k

Last edited:
They should be in boxes from now on from the sound of it. Much more difficult to move and store for us :( They do have the advantage of making good bunny toys later but.. My real issue right now is how much less you get for the same price. A whole kilo less but still for £40 is going to have a big impact on us. We go through so much :(
Are there any decent alternatives out there that might be cheaper? I've had to spend £80 in hay this week to try to get a stock for over the holidays and we will feel that 2kg less :/ It was already expensive to start with

Back