• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothyhay.co.uk in boxes?

I'm not sure I fully understand it, but I believe a "Karen" is an internet meme and refers primarily to over privileged middle class white women who make a fuss over trivial things. The kind who always demands to speak to the manager, knows their rights etc. Unfortunately, like most things it seems to have now become an all round general insult to throw at women whenever they dare to open their mouths.

I'm not sure I fully understand it, but I believe a "Karen" is an internet meme and refers primarily to over privileged middle class white women who make a fuss over trivial things. The kind who always demands to speak to the manager, knows their rights etc. Unfortunately, like most things it seems to have now become an all round general insult to throw at women whenever they dare to open their mouths.
Yep that's basically it, there's a hair cut associated with it too. It started as a joke but it's got out of hand imo, like you say, women aren't allowed to have an issue with stuff, otherwise you get called a Karen [emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

A lot of Karen’s in this thread [emoji38] I feel sorry for them, at least they are still supplying us with nice hay. What did i you all do with those empty bags? They drove me bananas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rubble mainly [emoji38]

Yea in hoping their new boxes are better, honestly don't know long term where we'd put the current boxes, you'd need a lot of spare space

Doesn't seem a very nice name to give to someone then :(

My real name is Karen:( I've never heard of it being used as a derogatory term. I learn so much being a member of RU:):)

Well that’s the last time I make a joke on RU! Like I would come on here and intentionally want to offend and upset anyone. :roll: :roll:

Well that’s the last time I make a joke on RU! Like I would come on here and intentionally want to offend and upset anyone. :roll: :roll:

Ooosh. Roll eyes right back at ya :lol:

jrFmpl0.gif

I think it originated from a character in a TV series called Karen who just liked to complain etc, now it has got out of hand but wasn't meant to be related to the name just so happened that was the characters name but can see why it would upset people.

Anyway it wasn't meant to upset anyone on this thread so no more mentions please! :)

I wonder if hay and straw.co.uk.will also have to move to boxes if it's courier issues? I know they've changed couriers in the past due to not accepting the bags. I've bought my hay from them since I first got bunnies

Just a misunderstanding because people hadn't heard of the meme [emoji38]

I think it originated from a character in a TV series called Karen who just liked to complain etc, now it has got out of hand but wasn't meant to be related to the name just so happened that was the characters name but can see why it would upset people.

Anyway it wasn't meant to upset anyone on this thread so no more mentions please! :)

I wonder if hay and straw.co.uk.will also have to move to boxes if it's courier issues? I know they've changed couriers in the past due to not accepting the bags. I've bought my hay from them since I first got bunnies
Oo yea they do bags don't they. It's a plastic sac tho isn't it, I had issues in the past where it sweated in the bag :(

Oo yea they do bags don't they. It's a plastic sac tho isn't it, I had issues in the past where it sweated in the bag :(

Yeah it is plastic I'm afraid! I've luckily never had any issues, I open it when it arrives and store inside since all mine are indoor buns

Not the best pictures, I swear this actually makes them look smaller than they are [emoji38] next to our largest carrier for scale anyway
4a52f52d9fb420c5e5d7e12f4ab78aea.jpg
25f42ba03e4e83816d551ff5e8ea19f6.jpg

db86725870d5867b97c211421ec0a90b.jpg

On another note Gracie where did you get that large carrier? That’d be ideal for carting 3 rabbits around in!!

Back