• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Thymoma / UD At the Bridge now

I really hope he responds well. It would be lovely for you both if he managed to get a little sight back.

I hope he is feeling less groggy soon

Thank you ladies. I am hoping we can get as close to normal as possible before he has to die rather than him dying ill and disorientated. I think it would be better for him to go on a stable and peaceful note.

I'm just welling up right now. :cry: It's not fair, these poor wee bunnies can get some really nasty things and they are such gentle and lovable creatures.
Emrys seems such a dear, bless him. :love:
I have had a few scares with Mimzy, fearing he had one of these, and Pip as well, but we haven't seen anything like this on his xrays so far and she appears to just have big, wild eyes (no pressure buildup at all.) I'm sorry the prognosis is grave but I know you will do all you can to keep Emrys happy for as long as possible. (((((((Huge hugs)))))))

Thinking of you and sending healing and comforting vibes your way. xxxx

A not so great update :(

Emrys stopped eating last night and had to be admitted. He is on fluids and they were going to gently reintroduce some food this morning (not heard back yet). But I have to go in later to discuss his options. He may have to be re x-rayed to assess if the mass has increased in size. He was about to start steroid treatment but this might not be viable now depending on how strong he feels. I am so worried about him today. It might be the end :(

Oh no :(.

Sending masses of vibes for Emrys and hugs for you. You will both be in my thoughts today xx

I just saw this thread & am sending lots of vibes for you & Emrys. He's gorgeous btw :love: xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is still with us thank goodness. He is not happy about eating but his poops have improved slightly so there is hope. I have to go in at 5 to discuss it in more detail. They don't think he will be coming home either so I think I will take Orla in to see him.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

I am back now and Emrys is home :love::love:

He is such a wee fighter, he really is. He will need to continue with critical care formula at home but he has been eating grass and leaves by himself this afternoon and his poos are small but of a normal consistency which is massive improvement. So he is off the fluids and he was considered strong enough for a steroid injection, the vet is happy given how well Emrys has been doing that we should continue to fight this thymoma. So he will be getting steroid treatment for the foreseeable future. He was so happy to see Orla too, they nuzzled each other which the veterinary team thought was really cute.

The next few days will be telling as it can take a few days for the steroid to become fully effective so we have support his feeding until he is willing to do it himself again. We have to do a check up next up week, we will just do everything on a week by week basis until we see a significant improvement. But hopefully we will have good things to report next week.

Thanks for all the vibes, they seem to be working :D

Glad he was feeling well enough to come home, he sounds like a fighter. Got everything crossed the steroids help x

So glad Emrys got home. He is such a little fighter!

Sending loads of vibes for him, and hoping that the steroids start to work x

I'm so very glad for this positive update. :D Many more vibes on the way for dear Emrys. ((((((((((((((Vibes))))))))))))) xxxx

Thanks ladies. I had to syringe feed Emrys some pellet mash but he was eager for it and kept grabbing the syringe and directing it into his mouth. He has also been asking for greens and exploring the house so it seems he is feeling brighter :D

Back