• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Thymoma / UD At the Bridge now

Last night Emrys wobbled and fell over. He righted himself a few times and managed to walk but not jump. When he walked there was a wobble and he was listing to one side. We think it was a stroke. Then This morning I noticed he was breathing through his mouth. They were small gentle breaths but I took him to the vet immediately who confirmed my suspicions and sadly Emrys had to be put to sleep. I fell certain this would not have happened if he had not been suffering from the thymoma. But at least we know what it was and why he had to die and the main thing was that he was put to sleep before things got worse. Thanks for all the help, if it wasn't for RU I would not have known untilt he x ray what Emery was suffering from. At least we were able to get his eyes back to normal and give him a friend and some extra love and attention before he went.

Oh no I'm so very sorry to hear this update :( I'm glad you had a diagnosis and were able to make his final time more comfortable, and hopefully it will also reassure you that you did the right thing today. Rest in peace beautiful boy, and big hugs to you x x x

:cry: I am so very sorry. He was very lucky to have you to take care of him and to have a little bit extra love from a furry friend towards the end.

Sleep tight Emrys xxx

I'm so sorry. :( I have been reading through this thread. It really is sad. I think you did the right thing in the circumstances. You really pushed for a diagnosis and proper treatment.

Binky free Emrys

Oh no! I'm so, so sorry :cry:

It sounds like Emrys had a lovely time on his last few days.

Have fun at the bridge wee boy xx

Oh Fifibutton I am so very sorry to see this news. :cry: Sending you huge hugs of comfort at this sad time.
Binky free Emrys xxxxxxxx

Back