• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Plumpkin Thread - Spay Tuesday 12th

Hopefully being nearer Ham and Bea will cheer her up a bit as long as it doesn't upset them. Only you can tell really. I hope things get easier for you. xx

I just wanted to update everyone on Plumpkin. The vet said she's doing great - she has put on over 1lb since we last took her about a month ago. She's going to be spayed tomorrow and they'll check her teeth when she's under and file again if necessary. I'm really pleased that he was happy with her progress and hope she recovers quickly from her spay, so she can live out her days with Ham & Bea :)

On that note, Beatrice escaped today and we found her hanging out with Plumpkin! It seems she was desperate to spend some time with her new friend :lol:

Last edited:
I just wanted to update everyone on Plumpkin. The vet said she's doing great - she has put on over 1lb since we last took her about a month ago. She's going to be spayed tomorrow and they'll check her teeth when she's under and file again if necessary. I'm really pleased that he was happy with her progress and hope she recovers quickly from her spay, so she can live out her days with Ham & Bea :)

On that note, Beatrice escaped today and we found her hanging out with Plumpkin! It seems she was desperate to spend some time with her new friend :lol:

thats so lovely you found the girls spending time together. Bodes well for an easy bond too & heaven nows you all deserve that. I hope her spay goes well x

I'm also glad that the vet was pleased with her. Did you also discuss skull x-rays? Are you happy with the vet who will be performing her spay?

Sending loads of vibes for her tomorrow.

Loads of vibes for her :love:

Thank you everyone! <3

I did ask about skull x-rays Omi, and the vet I saw today (who is my favourite/who I trust the most) didn't think it was worth getting x-rays, he said it wouldn't change much as they'll just file as and when needed, but maybe that suggests that his knowledge about rabbit teeth isn't as advanced as some :/

He did say that he thinks her previous owner misinformed me and that she's more likely 'middle aged' than a 1 year old! It's impossible to tell I suppose.

Zoobec, she is eating better since being closer to the other two bunnies - it has generally brightened her mood and given her more energy, which is really promising :D

What lovely news about Plumpkin. It's lovely that she is gaining weight and flourishing with her new friends and with you. It's important to realise Plumpkin needs time to adjust and she's clearly feeling comfortable and importantly safe with you. Sending millions of vibes for her spay op and I'll be thinking of her all day. And you are a real hero for everything you are doing for Plumpkin.

I hope Plumpkin spay goes well today. Thinking of you both and sending lots of vibes xx

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the good vibes everyone <3

Plumpkin is home after both a spay and tooth filing.

Despite this, she has eaten loads already and is in good spirits. She's seeming a lot perkier than my Bea was after her spay, so I'm hopeful that her recovery will be speedy. Such a brave girl I have!

Thanks so much for the good vibes everyone <3

Plumpkin is home after both a spay and tooth filing.

Despite this, she has eaten loads already and is in good spirits. She's seeming a lot perkier than my Bea was after her spay, so I'm hopeful that her recovery will be speedy. Such a brave girl I have!

Such wonderful news :D

Back