• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The latest 'Designer Rabbit'

but how many of the people that buy from breeders would take on a rescue rabbit? Surely the main problem is breeders/pet shops selling unneutered rabbits resulting in 'accidental breeding' and also these same breeders/petshops not fully informing people about how big a commitment a rabbit really is.

I really think it's wrong to tar all breeders with the same brush. Some of them are very good at educating people about rabbit welfare, and it's those customers who often go on to take rescue rabbits.

I think if Breeders really cared about Rabbits in general and not just their speciality then they probably would stop adding to the over-population of Rabbits. But they are too selfish, as are all humans in so many ways, and they just cant/wont look at the bigger picture. Yes the Rabbits they breed *might* all find homes or be kept for showing ( to boost a human ego :roll:) but what about the thousands of Rabbits who dont have a home, are PTS because all Rescues are full or are aborted before they are even born :cry:

I am in no way perfect and in many ways as selfish as any other human. But I really cannot understand how someone can claim to care about a species of animal yet knowingly add to a problem with there being just TOO MANY

Janex

Here here....

Back