• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

Wow all of you are so talented! Dunno if I dare show my fimo sculptures, they are rather basic xD

Remember, these are pretty basic and done in a very cartoonish style, I also use some molds to make leaves , cause they take forever to get nice by hand imo :)

First some of my first ever creatings, snails and a wierd squirrel with mushrooms xD
3AE4AB26-AE96-4DC3-9DE2-B268A03340F8.png_zps5iugiwtq.jpeg

35669E3E-A7D7-4065-9AD2-D3B65519C77E_zpsqcgmnehp.jpg

Then my facination went to dragons, watching GoT had nothing to do with it I'm sure ;)
6E454F59-A563-4CB5-9D55-5D7D325224FF_zps4jqtx0dd.jpg

BDFFB5E7-2A7A-41BF-B69A-41E979DB00A1_zpseybqmwho.jpg

Ofc I needed to add some eggs xD
3F873DF5-E52D-4532-B536-1BAD3E10A16E_zpsvsadekfr.jpg

I made a little hedgehog for fall decoration x)
597BBE66-956F-4989-8024-B92489033C75.png_zpsn14hlklc.jpeg

When my hamster passed, I made thos to remember him by.
6F42656A-1378-4235-9578-AEDDF7AB3B5B_zpsw889rwxj.jpg

This rabbit is the last one I made, started when I started reading up on caring for bunnies ^_^
B3059FA2-9022-49A1-9DEB-96FD6A2AE90E_zpsqxajlgd9.jpg

So thats my Fimo "art" lol! I know they are not that good, but it calmes me to make them, especially on stressfull times and big life events :)

Great stuff! I love those dragons. :)

I use a lot of polymer clay in my jewellery (Premo rather than Fimo, but it's basically the same thing). It's really versatile and can be very beautiful.

I really like how you do the eyes :D It really fits with the rest of your style! I think I might give multiple light points a go at some point :)

Tonight I'm off to get some 'professional/research' pictures taken of Boris the Beastmaster (as opposed to Boris the Ravener): basically he's coming with me to the Mixed Reality Lab to have his 360° photo taken on some of their prototype imager-uploaders before I sculpt (sort of) a new Skyboard for him. I took a picture of him with my Disc of Tzeentch last night to see what he looked like on a flying base: it was a bit weird. I'll upload the pictures when I'm in the lab later :)

Aww thank you guys! It means alot to me to hear such nice words :)

I am a big fan of Anime and Animelike characters and especially their eyes, they often have two or more lightpoints :)

I went with the bunnies.....

Still much to do, i want to add some plants around them and make a cute little scene.

Tonight I'm off to get some 'professional/research' pictures taken of Boris the Beastmaster (as opposed to Boris the Ravener): basically he's coming with me to the Mixed Reality Lab to have his 360° photo taken on some of their prototype imager-uploaders before I sculpt (sort of) a new Skyboard for him. I took a picture of him with my Disc of Tzeentch last night to see what he looked like on a flying base: it was a bit weird. I'll upload the pictures when I'm in the lab later :)
I'm not going to post the Boris on-his-own photos as they came out worse than the ones I've already shown you. But here's him on the Disc I scratch-built so I can see what he looks like: as you can see, he looks kinda stupid because he's prancing, but I'm going to build a Skyboard anyway.

DSC_0084-e1439922298970-680x1024.jpg

DSC_0085-1024x680.jpg

It did give me another idea though: I have some small dragon wings from a Reaper conversion pack, and Boris with dragon wings would look cool. Except I don't want to touch Boris because, well, I've had him 15 years, so I'm going to go with an identical model (I have at least one other) and convert that to be like him, but with wings :)

Back