• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the 2023 RU Rabbit Directory ....aka show us your bunnies

My 2 furry stress generators are Flo - the white and grey bunny, and her husbun Bertie. We've had Flo almost 3 years now and she was about 2 when we got her. Despite her appearance, she is and always has been a very feisty and emotional rabbit who has had some deep emotional trauma in her past care. We bonded her just over a year ago with her 3rd husbun here - Bertie who absolutely adores Flo. He was also like Flo, a rescue from Blue Cross. The sort of physically bonded by complete accident after 4 weeks of slow and deliberate introductions each having half our garden. Bertie worked out how to open the small gated area and decided that life was better on the other side. They are house bunnies and I'm currently trying to figure out why Flo is actively eating carpet fires whenever she is on the living room - something she never ever did until about 2 months ago. I've tried covering the carpet with a sacrificial fleece throw but she's eating that, and now I have a large vet bed square on the carpet area and she's eating the fires from that. I wouldn't swap them for the world but they stress me out big time.

Attachments

• 728408d8-bd58-499f-b74b-28f9d6a22f87.jpg
    728408d8-bd58-499f-b74b-28f9d6a22f87.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230610_200337.jpg
    20230610_200337.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 4
  • received_705039195104724.jpeg
    received_705039195104724.jpeg
    582.9 KB · Views: 4
KCG, thank you for putting sweet Cookie on here, he is such a handsome bun, a real credit to you x

Craig, I never tire of seeing lovely Flo and Bertie :)

Reactions: KCG
Scrappy what a fab playroom they have, so many cool ways to get about. Really lovely. That cream carpet would be cream crackered in minutes here. Scipio has really nice face markings

As promised, here are the pics of Fudgie and Scipio. Plus their playroom. Fudgie is the brown and white bun and she's a sprightly 10 years old. Scipio is the slightly larger black and white bun and he is around 2 and a half years old.

View attachment 637View attachment 638View attachment 639View attachment 640View attachment 641View attachment 642View attachment 643View attachment 644View attachment 637View attachment 638View attachment 639View attachment 640View attachment 641View attachment 642View attachment 643View attachment 644
Have you trained your two gorgeous bunnies to clean up after themselves? Do they both have a bunny hoover? That is the most amazing set up and immaculate. They are gorgeous bunnies.

ShuShu and QiQi wants to join in.

They are both 8 months old. ShuShu will be 9 months on boxing day.
They are from different parents. ShuShu is the smallest, but the oldest. QiQi is larger than your usual Netherlsnd Dwarf size.
ShuShu is the most confident and inquisitive and can be territorial with 'her' belongings, like blankets and spaces. QiQi is very shy, but very happy and excitable. She can get spooked very easy, but can be reassured by ShuShu.

They were 3 months old when they came to their forever home.

Photo - first steps. When first got them home. Left them in their opened pet carrier first to explore. ShuShu was most inquisitive (same now) QiQi followed her move.

Photo - Making themselves at home. Very settled, still in an enclosed pen.

Late July, as they matured, showed next stages in bunny behaviour and eventually in early August started fighting, so vet said to separate them. I made 2 temporary pens joined together so to try to keep the Bond, so still able to be close together.

In September, at 5 months old, they were both neutered, one at a time so I could focus on their care. ShuShu first due was oldest then QiQi 2 weeks later. Lots of care required, with each having some complications.

They were rebonded in October.

Photo - they are now bonded like glue (so far so good) they are now free roaming buns, with just an open pen now to sleep and hide in (their space).

Still having to review things, but all good.

They are my angels ❤❤

Attachments

• 20231020_151901.jpg
    20231020_151901.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230718_170313~3.jpg
    20230718_170313~3.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230629_183717.jpg
    20230629_183717.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 6
This is Dusty who's two years old. She's a friendly, fluffy, bubbly house bunny who loves to binky and stamp her way around the room then flop on the sofa for a stroke. Very fastidious about washing herself and rarely needs grooming even with her long black mane. She's not happy that her pic came up sideways but I don't have a clue how to change that!

View attachment 601
A little edit of your photo Dusty, so you are upright to show off your beauty to it’s fullest ❤️IMG_1671.png

Aw Scrappy, lovely to see your beautiful bunnies and I want to move in with them ! What a fantastic set up, 5* accommodation :love:

This is Daisy. She's now a spoilt single house rabbit after loosing her sister in May. She's from South Coast Rabbit Rescue in 2017 (with her sister). She lives free range downstairs. She has a shed and 15ft x 9ft aviary in the garden.

View attachment 552View attachment 553

This may be a complete coincidence but my friend and I adopted brothers from SCRR in 2017 as well, and they were part of a big rescue. I wonder if it's the same litter! Smudge sadly passed away in 2018 but his brother who my friend adopted is still going strong!

Here was Smudge

25158346_10155216506518325_855633943939963204_n.jpg

Thank you everyone one for your lovely comments on my bunnies and their playroom. I have to admit that the photos were carefully staged: I'd hoovered beforehand and carefully cropped out the ripped wallpaper, gnawed skirting boards and nibbled rug edges!

I actually spend a lot of time in their room during the week. It's not in the pics but I have a desk in there by the window where I work. They normally keep me company until mid afternoon when they go to my bedroom for their big snooze. I do like the fact they use rooms for their intended purposes!

Oh, in case anyone's wondering, Santa will be visiting them at Christmas to add to their existing mountain of toys! Not spoilt at all....

Thank you everyone one for your lovely comments on my bunnies and their playroom. I have to admit that the photos were carefully staged: I'd hoovered beforehand and carefully cropped out the ripped wallpaper, gnawed skirting boards and nibbled rug edges!

I actually spend a lot of time in their room during the week. It's not in the pics but I have a desk in there by the window where I work. They normally keep me company until mid afternoon when they go to my bedroom for their big snooze. I do like the fact they use rooms for their intended purposes!

Oh, in case anyone's wondering, Santa will be visiting them at Christmas to add to their existing mountain of toys! Not spoilt at all....
ha ha - off to your bedroom for a snooze. You actually inspired me, was having sort in my study / spare room & decided to devote half the room to bunny toys & activities. nothing grand but in their main room I keep only one toy out at a time so boo's trip hazards are minimal (she doesn't go in there)

I took some pictures!
IMG_20240114_160613998.jpg
Chibbs, left: she is 'full of personality'. Lionhead cross, about 9, second highest ranking mammal in the household (after me). Has a blocked tear duct on the side shown, otherwise you wouldn't know she was 9. Oh apart from leaning heavily to the right ehen she sleeps these days (nothing apparent).

Barrie, right: rescued from a carpark so unknown age but old (sleeps with his face in the floor), completely bonkers, runs around, will come to any human for food, but on his last legs with a liver full of tumours. He's about 3/4 of his ideal bodyweight now so you can see in the picture his spine 'triangle'.

Enjoying today's forage! Probably the last of it for a while as frost is due.

I took some pictures!
View attachment 937
Chibbs, left: she is 'full of personality'. Lionhead cross, about 9, second highest ranking mammal in the household (after me). Has a blocked tear duct on the side shown, otherwise you wouldn't know she was 9. Oh apart from leaning heavily to the right ehen she sleeps these days (nothing apparent).

Barrie, right: rescued from a carpark so unknown age but old (sleeps with his face in the floor), completely bonkers, runs around, will come to any human for food, but on his last legs with a liver full of tumours. He's about 3/4 of his ideal bodyweight now so you can see in the picture his spine 'triangle'.

Enjoying today's forage! Probably the last of it for a while as frost is due.
So nice to see Chibbs & Barrie take their place in the RU rabbit directory

Back