• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

swollen eye lids

awww............i'm so sorry to hear that and know the pain you must be feeling:cry:

it 2 years tomorrow (17th) i lost my bunny while i was on holiday (quite a shock to come back to:cry: ). that was myxi.

i currently have my jessie fighting nodular myxi for 4 weeks now and it's very hard and getting me down.

sending you lots of vibes and hoping your other bunnies will be ok.

I lost my frenchie to myxi [in spite of him being up to date with his jabs], a few weeks ago and still feel so sad. I really feel for you all that have buns with it. I know how hard it is and wish you all the best of luck with them. When I read your posts on here my heart really goes out to you, as I remember how it feels when you first realise they have it. At least this forum is so brilliant to be able to share our fears with other people that really understand. Love to all your poorly buns. Pam

This is my third bun to die if myxi.. in 2001 when i first got rabbits i got a baby bun called poppy and she was only 13 weeks old when she got it and we had her on treatment for a week but she was so ill that we had her pts then Lily got myxi a few years after poopy and we had lily on treatment for a week but she got really ill and died in my arms 2 years ago on the 22nd :cry:

Back