• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressed but less stressed than yesterday(!)

A little food going in and poos - even if not 'normal' - going out is reassuring. :) Bunnies can be very sensitive at picking up on our feelings so try not to let him realise how worried you are. I do know how difficult that is! Some rabbit will even wait until they think you are not looking and then have a nibble. :roll:

Just read this and wanted to send vibes that Sherlock is feeling much better soon. It's so horrible having a poorly bun that's not eating. It sounds like things are moving in the right direction. I know with mine sometimes when they won't eat if I wave it in front of their face they take it so this may be something if he stops eating completely again (although he sounds like he's managing on his own at the moment).

At least Man-city didn't lose (un-fortunately for me, I'm a Sunderland fan & thought we had it in the bag at 80mins). Although I realise a draw to Sunderland really isn't good enough for you.x.x.

He's moving around a little more now too. Isn't eating his Science Selective yet but will happily chew away at his basil and parsley :)

This Bio Lapis thing... 2ml every hour. Does that mean literally through the night too? It's a two man job and currently Amy is coming home from work every hour to do it, but she's working until 5am this morning (bar manager!) so it's going to be a hell of a night if so!

Is he drinking? I know whenever I have had bio-lapis I have been told to put it on food or in water. He won't be getting as much as if you were syringing but as things seem to be going in the right direction (and he prob won't get much with just you syringing), putting a sachet in his water may be an idea.

Is he drinking? I know whenever I have had bio-lapis I have been told to put it on food or in water. He won't be getting as much as if you were syringing but as things seem to be going in the right direction (and he prob won't get much with just you syringing), putting a sachet in his water may be an idea.

He is drinking a bit yes. The vet nurse suggested syringing so it's absolutely taken, rather than it just sitting in his water bowl. Still, I suppose if we give him another couple of hours worth of syringe fed, then move onto putting it into his bowl, could that be a good option?

He is drinking a bit yes. The vet nurse suggested syringing so it's absolutely taken, rather than it just sitting in his water bowl. Still, I suppose if we give him another couple of hours worth of syringe fed, then move onto putting it into his bowl, could that be a good option?

Putting it in his bowl may be worth a try, and in fact was what my vet advised. Spenser made it very clear he didn't approve, so if Sherlock isn't impressed by 'flavoured' water make sure you give him the option of plain as well.

Putting it in his bowl may be worth a try, and in fact was what my vet advised. Spenser made it very clear he didn't approve, so if Sherlock isn't impressed by 'flavoured' water make sure you give him the option of plain as well.

Chic. We'll give him one more syringe fed one as it seems (seems!) to be helping with his little by little improvement over the day and then I'll put the rest in his water bowl.

He has eaten every last pellet. I even gave him a little more (just a little) and he's ate that too. He wouldn't touch it earlier today. At all. Woohoo. What a boy.

The little sod won't drink the water with the Bio Lapis! :roll: I will keep it in there but sheesh. He's a tough crowd. He's chewing on hay reasonably frequently now. Ate another basil leaf (then left the others after he realised it was a rouse and covered in the Bio Lapis stuff!) and looks healthier. Still dirty, but that stress can wait until tomorrow/Monday

The little sod won't drink the water with the Bio Lapis! :roll: I will keep it in there but sheesh. He's a tough crowd. He's chewing on hay reasonably frequently now. Ate another basil leaf (then left the others after he realised it was a rouse and covered in the Bio Lapis stuff!) and looks healthier. Still dirty, but that stress can wait until tomorrow/Monday

I can't say I'm surprised, but it sounds like he is heading in the right direction.

Bio Lapis smells horrible, doesn't it?

I can't say I'm surprised, but it sounds like he is heading in the right direction.

Bio Lapis smells horrible, doesn't it?

Like those cheap powdery sweets you get from off licenses, yeah. Still, it's certainly formed part of the puzzle to at least make him appear to be feeling better so I'll give it that much :)

I should also add he's again done a fair few poos, they're all soft but less runny than they were a couple of hours ago.

Back