• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Steve is now rushing Lily to the vets/ pics p16

Aww bless her! Do they know what is causing it?

They couldn't rule out EC but we wont be getting her blood tested as she is too frail. She has been blind since birth and developed cataracts a couple of years ago, but in the last 6 months she has been getting increasingly confused like she has dementia :? She relies on Heather completely and can't find her food without her

Oh what a poor girlie :(

I hope she recovers soon, sounds like she has been through a lot. Has she been given all the appropriate meds or has she not been able to handle those? Sounds like she is in the best place, sending lots and lots of vibes.

I was wondering if it was EC when I read her story. It doesn't mean the end for her, she sounds like she is doing well. With EC it is all about small steps to recovery. Malteser chattered his teeth, I was told he wasn't in pain but he did do it much less once he was on anti inflammatories which makes me think either he was in pain or it could be linked to brain swelling.
Good luck to your cutie! I keep my fingers crossed and send vibes

Oh what a poor girlie :(

I hope she recovers soon, sounds like she has been through a lot. Has she been given all the appropriate meds or has she not been able to handle those? Sounds like she is in the best place, sending lots and lots of vibes.

Yes she is on medication, she has been on metacam for months for arthritis as she can barely walk and is also on panacur and medication to help with dizziness. She is a good girl at medicine time :)

we knew she was close to the end of her life before these latest problems, no bunny can live forever although sometimes it feels she will :love: Steve nicknamed her Wedgewood Lil as she has been very fragile for such a long time :love:

Although Lily seems to be displaying less signs of dizziness as she rests she still has a very obvious nystagmus :( I am wondering how distressing this might be to her in itself, any ideas?

She also has a really stiff back leg today which seems pretty much locked in place:(

I think EC bunnies develop weakness in their hind end..especially their left side? I think. I'm no expert on EC but it sounds more and more like it. I'm sorry she has gotten worse :( I'd keep persisting if it was me, I think they generally get worse before they get better. One of the buns at the rescue I volunteer at developed head tilt, she wasn't rolling but her head was basically sideways at one point :cry: Took her a few weeks but you can't even tell it happened to her now. Whether or not that was EC I don't know but I'd think keeping going with treatment for a few weeks at least is worth it unless she is very distressed.

Sending lots of vibes her way )))))

Oh poor Lily, she's such a stunning little ladybun. :love: Our old girl Daisy had an episode of nystagmus last night after 'meds-time' and the vet suspects it's EC.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the little warrior Lily
xx

I think EC bunnies develop weakness in their hind end..especially their left side? I think. I'm no expert on EC but it sounds more and more like it. I'm sorry she has gotten worse :( I'd keep persisting if it was me, I think they generally get worse before they get better. One of the buns at the rescue I volunteer at developed head tilt, she wasn't rolling but her head was basically sideways at one point :cry: Took her a few weeks but you can't even tell it happened to her now. Whether or not that was EC I don't know but I'd think keeping going with treatment for a few weeks at least is worth it unless she is very distressed.

Sending lots of vibes her way )))))

Thanks, I don't think her leg problem is EC related I think it has locked due to severe arthritis :(

Back