• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis Bunny Poll

Stasis bunnies Poll. What month(s) have your bunny(s) had a stasis episode?

• January

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • February

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • March

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • April

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • May

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • June

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • July

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • August

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • September

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • October

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • November

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • December

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
seeing the posts over the last few days... looks like June is just as bad for stasis :(

whats going on with our bunnies?????

I don't know about the rest of the country. I've never known weather like it here.
It can be incredibly warm up to 30 C indoors for 3-4 days, then we get a NorthEasterly wind, it's overcast, & the temp plummets to 14-15 C (both measured in late afternoon.) Thumps is 1/2 in, & 1/2 out of his thick winter coat - doesn't know how to be. Just 1 suggestion.

I don't know about the rest of the country. I've never known weather like it here.
It can be incredibly warm up to 30 C indoors for 3-4 days, then we get a NorthEasterly wind, it's overcast, & the temp plummets to 14-15 C (both measured in late afternoon.) Thumps is 1/2 in, & 1/2 out of his thick winter coat - doesn't know how to be. Just 1 suggestion.

its like that here too... very strange weather :?

its like that here too... very strange weather :?

Yeah, and here too. It was really hot at the end of last week so I moved Elijah outside as there wasn't much ventilation in the room he was in, then it was a nasty cold wind for the last few days, poor bubba :(

I thought Daisy was about to have another bout this morning. She wasnt interested in anything only flopping. I had a syringe of metacam all primed but thought Id try something else first. Her ears were very warm and she looked hot and bothered?! I set up a fan and held it about a meter from her and she laid for ages in it then sat up and started cleaning herself! I chased her around a bit, then more fan and eventually she started eating...didnt get to work 'till 10 oops!!

I thought Daisy was about to have another bout this morning. She wasnt interested in anything only flopping. I had a syringe of metacam all primed but thought Id try something else first. Her ears were very warm and she looked hot and bothered?! I set up a fan and held it about a meter from her and she laid for ages in it then sat up and started cleaning herself! I chased her around a bit, then more fan and eventually she started eating...didnt get to work 'till 10 oops!!

Alvin has done that to me too :shock::shock: all armed with drugs and the little sod hops over to the litter tray and starts munching hay.. i have now stopped offering him food during snooze time (10am-6pm) because he rarely eats during them times and if he refuses food i panic :oops::oops:

It was clearly the heat! I rigged up the fan so that no wires could be nommed and I came home to her lying full stretch under it, fur a blowin' in the breeze! She ate a good dinner, some hay and has been flopped out back under the fan ever since!! Little bit worried about leaving it on 24/7 but needs must! It was such a shock when she refused food this morning so Im glad it's just heat and nothing else!! My two don't eat much during the day either!

Hey, just to add, I had already responded to this so can't edit, but I've had at least three seperate occurences in the last month.

bumping this up for all the recent stasis events over june to add to the vote

I've decided not to add Artie to it as it turned out he had a bladder infection so it isn't fair to bump June's total up on this poll as I now know why he stopped eating and it wasn't diet/gut related.

Looks like Thumper's virtually lost all his nerve supply now.
It would be easier to say when he isn't in severe slow down. :cry:

Gosh, very interesting results.
Pie has had either bloat or stasis in Jan, Feb, April, Oct, Nov & Dec just last year :(

I've ticked all but January, June and November (I probably could if I dig deep enough :roll:) ... Interestingly they are 3 of the 6 months Alvin didn't tick as well :?

Well... Erin had a bloat/stasis episode caused by an obstruction in January and Elijah was admitted late October and still in stasis in November (stress reaction - myxo vac and bereavement). I've nearly ticked them all now :(

Theres definitely a clear trend appearing! Bring on the summer months for some stasis respite!! It would be interesting to have some sort of chart we could keep adding to for every new episode to see if it provided more detail as to which months were the worst of the worst!

Sorry to hear about Thumper :(

Back