• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis Bunny Poll

Stasis bunnies Poll. What month(s) have your bunny(s) had a stasis episode?

• January

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • February

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • March

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • April

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • May

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • June

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • July

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • August

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • September

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • October

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • November

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • December

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
Are you looking forward to 30 days of "they can't get stasis - it's June - bunnies don't get stasis in June.... :lol::lol::lol:

The only 30 days of the year you can relax. .... until someone ticks it :?

:lol::lol::lol: yes thats exactly my thoughts... if alvin dares try it ill tell him straight BUNNIES DONT GET STASIS IN JUNE NOW PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!!!
:oops::oops::oops:

they stop eating :cry::cry::cry:

no idea for certain why, so many theories going round my head but no idea at all.. vets have told me Alvin is prone :(

havent figured out how to stop it, but so far so good on the non fruit, no treats, less veg, rationed pellets diet *touches wood*

Thank you. I didn't know this but Lucky's appetite has decreased. I'm keeping a beady eye on it tho.

my bridge bunny Enya had repeated episodes of stasis averaging one attack every 3 to 4 weeks but i found December/January was the worst. during this she suffered an attack every 10 - 14 days.
i did wonder if lying on cold floor made it worse for her (she was a house bunny but we had no heating at all) even though i put down a board and blankets for her to lie on.:?

Thank you. I didn't know this but Lucky's appetite has decreased. I'm keeping a beady eye on it tho.

Although many buns' appetite drops a bit in hot weather, it's been cooler for the last few days. I can suggest getting her teeth checked by a good bunny savvy vet. looking for sharp "spurs" on the back teeth. (Very common cause of stasis cos they can't eat enough fiber to keep the gut moving well).

I'll start a thread soon about the factors which can cause stasis, & what we have done to reduce the risks. I'll ask some others to contribute, with different "types" of stasis/bloat/fur balls. Blockage on fur balls during moult, is widely thought to be due to a sluggish gut, rather than a pure fur issue in most buns. ;)

alvin managed to scare the **** out of me this morning. i think he filled up with hay so when i gave pellets he wasnt interested.. *heart in throat, cold shiver down the spine* as per.... instead of pellets he went straight to the fresh hay what a relief, ill still be pooping my pants on what i will go home to tonight tho :roll::roll:

I wish I could get on there to have a look donna :( I did manage to get on there for a while earlier but they were hiding.

It's June donnamt! Everything crossed or Alvin. He's doing the right thing by eating hay. Please keep us updated.

im sure hes fine.. it is June after all :lol::lol:

he was munching hay in the litter tray as i left, we had this the day after the vets with Holly.. no interest in pellets but eating hay instead, hes such a worry :roll:

he did seem slightly spooked so i think the change in weather has made him nervous its a dull rainy day today, maybe thunder is coming?

*cough*

This isn't much help is it.

en-shot-2010-06-01-at-14-44-12.jpg

:lol::lol:

Although many buns' appetite drops a bit in hot weather, it's been cooler for the last few days. I can suggest getting her teeth checked by a good bunny savvy vet. looking for sharp "spurs" on the back teeth. (Very common cause of stasis cos they can't eat enough fiber to keep the gut moving well).

I'll start a thread soon about the factors which can cause stasis, & what we have done to reduce the risks. I'll ask some others to contribute, with different "types" of stasis/bloat/fur balls. Blockage on fur balls during moult, is widely thought to be due to a sluggish gut, rather than a pure fur issue in most buns. ;)

Thanks - we kept a close eye yesterday but it was really hot here. I told my daughter i was worried and she took him some spinach leaves (his absolute fave which obviously is rationed! :lol: ). He didnt seem interested until my daughter FED him and he woolfed them down! He was being lazy due to the heat! :lol: It rained last night and has cooled and he seems much more active. :thumb:

It would be nice to know more about this though as i gather its something every bunny owner should be aware of. Thnak you for explaining! :D

I'd love to see the poll results but i dont want to vote because its never happaened - i dont want to effect poll results by making one up! :shock:

*cough*

This isn't much help is it.

en-shot-2010-06-01-at-14-44-12.jpg

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: hes not hiding in the carrier, thats a good sign.. last time i came home to stasis he was huddled in the carrier :cry::cry: and the time before that he ran into the carrier of the evening and thats how i knew to check on him.

I'd love to see the poll results but i dont want to vote because its never happaened - i dont want to effect poll results by making one up! :shock:

Click bottom right by the poll where it says 'View poll results' ;)

:lol::lol::lol: hes not hiding in the carrier, thats a good sign.. last time i came home to stasis he was huddled in the carrier :cry::cry: and the time before that he ran into the carrier of the evening and thats how i knew to check on him.

That's helpful if you need to take him to the vets! He hasn't moved. Still there, snoozing I guess. :lol:

Oooh - April and May look nasty. We've had hot weather then though - do you think this could have an affect?

I just had another one! Well no not me :oops: but Victoria bunny - it's not her first attack in 5yrs - I forget with the girls who what when - She's fine now anyway thank goodness - always a worrying time! I've no idea what caused this one - she was fine, binkying around the patio this morning, but didn't want her veg and obviously had tummy ache at 6pm. So I did the usual move them on gently, take them outside for a wee thing, then left her an hour to 'brew' - still no better so we had more walkies and wee wees (although she never did any - they quite often are bursting and the pain of that mixes up with the tummy ache so they don't realise) - I walked her round for a bit longer this time, then left her for a couple of hours again, while they all had the run of the patio - and she was fine by supper - whoohoo what a relief! :D

Back