• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis Bunny Poll

Stasis bunnies Poll. What month(s) have your bunny(s) had a stasis episode?

• January

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • February

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • March

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • April

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • May

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • June

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • July

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • August

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • September

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • October

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • November

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • December

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
it does seem may is a very popular stasis month, it must be the change in seasons? Alvin had stasis two years running on 24th May :shock: this year *fingers crossed* weve avoided the may stasis.

the change in weather in Feb to freezing seemed to stop his gut quite badly.

my new vet did say bunnies dont like change in temp and im starting to beleive shes right, that and the diet issue :oops::oops:

it does seem may is a very popular stasis month, it must be the change in seasons? Alvin had stasis two years running on 24th May :shock: this year *fingers crossed* weve avoided the may stasis.

the change in weather in Feb to freezing seemed to stop his gut quite badly.

my new vet did say bunnies dont like change in temp and im starting to beleive shes right, that and the diet issue :oops::oops:

Neil Forbes at GWR also says temp change has a big effect on stasis. He says it's more so in house buns when the central heating goes off in winter. There's a sudden crashing drop, of up to 15C you don't get outside. Outdoor buns can burrow into their "hay box" which indoor buns can't.

Last edited:
Thumps I still think you hit on something with the quality of the greens and the amount of chlorine used to wash them! the supermarket poll was also very interesting!!

Thumps I still think you hit on something with the quality of the greens and the amount of chlorine used to wash them! the supermarket poll was also very interesting!!

yes this too would be seasonal wouldnt it. i dont feed spring greens from tesco anylonger.. just incase :D

yes this too would be seasonal wouldnt it. i dont feed spring greens from tesco anylonger.. just incase :D

It's ASDA greens for us :? It may just be coincidental but we bought ASDA greens a couple of days before Luna died from bloat and also just before Sora got stasis. We only buy organic stuff now from either Tesco or Sainsburys which has been washed in water - in fact the more dirt I can see on the veggies the better :lol:

*touches wood everywhere * Biggles has had a mild attack of this that required just one jab of gut stimulant, but ive never had any gut probs with my bun even when they have been poorly with other problems

It's ASDA greens for us :? It may just be coincidental but we bought ASDA greens a couple of days before Luna died from bloat and also just before Sora got stasis. We only buy organic stuff now from either Tesco or Sainsburys which has been washed in water - in fact the more dirt I can see on the veggies the better :lol:

Sorry to go off topic but just to clarify. With us, Thumps picked a bit then refused ASDA veg outright, picked a bit at Tescoes, but liked Sainsbury's.
It had to be to do with smell/taste. (Our buns may be bright but I don't believe they can read the price tags) Our worst winter ever for stasis, & only just coming through it.
ETA - you're right, I always have to bulk out his feed a bit with human veg in winter. It hadn't hit me properly before.

Last edited:
honey has a touch of stasis at the mo. She's perked up now with some metacam but I'll be staying up till early o'clock to keep and eye on her. No idea whats caused it other than possibly too many greens last night.

I ticked for last year Oct Nov, and then Jan Feb, May and June for this year.

I believe for Fudge its down to her moult, the change in temp as when Fudge went into stasis at the beging of may my mum had stared putting the heating off for summer and my room got really cold. Same for Oct last year Fudge went into stasis when the heating stayed on all the time and my room was really hot. And i know its down to the pain caused by her tooth roots :(

I don't know if I've ever had to deal with a *real* case of stasis *touches wood* however Boris is prone to gas and other tummy problems and his episodes have all been connected to sudden changes in temperature,the worst one occured in late December when the weather changed overnight and it got extremely cold over here,around -27 degrees celsius I think :shock: He didn't eat for 14 hours and was very poorly :cry:

I ticked for last year Oct Nov, and then Jan Feb, May and June for this year.

I believe for Fudge its down to her moult, the change in temp as when Fudge went into stasis at the beging of may my mum had stared putting the heating off for summer and my room got really cold. Same for Oct last year Fudge went into stasis when the heating stayed on all the time and my room was really hot. And i know its down to the pain caused by her tooth roots :(

were not in June yet tho and it was the only safe month :cry::cry: take it back :lol::lol:

were not in June yet tho and it was the only safe month :cry::cry: take it back :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Yeh ano we aint yet but Fudge is going through stasis just now and is high on meds so if she doesnt get better by the end of the day it will be a stasis june :roll: We are almost at the end of it though, this one is caused by her moult, her no poo turned to tiny poo and now stringy small poo so we are improving slowly. Fingers crossed its only gona be a half stasis month :lol:

Damn change in weather and Damn moult :evil::lol:

I'm sooo stupid but I've never come across this, wouldn't know what it is or what to do!

What is it, what causes it, and how do you stop it? :?

I'm sooo stupid but I've never come across this, wouldn't know what it is or what to do!

What is it, what causes it, and how do you stop it? :?

they stop eating :cry::cry::cry:

no idea for certain why, so many theories going round my head but no idea at all.. vets have told me Alvin is prone :(

havent figured out how to stop it, but so far so good on the non fruit, no treats, less veg, rationed pellets diet *touches wood*

:lol::lol: Yeh ano we aint yet but Fudge is going through stasis just now and is high on meds so if she doesnt get better by the end of the day it will be a stasis june :roll: We are almost at the end of it though, this one is caused by her moult, her no poo turned to tiny poo and now stringy small poo so we are improving slowly. Fingers crossed its only gona be a half stasis month :lol:

Damn change in weather and Damn moult :evil::lol:

awww poor little sweetheart hope she feels better soon xxxxx

(hopefully before midnight) :oops:

I've just remembered one episode where one of mine refused to eat for no reason (Mischa wasn't happy eating when he was ill but there was a reason there) and that was Smudge who for some reason one day decided he wasn't going to eat his veg for about half an hour. Then he snapped out of it and was ok. I didn't tick that cos it was nothing really, but it was in May if anyone is interested.

I have no idea what months my bunnies have had stasis. All of my buns have had it except Alice (touch wood) and Fia died from stasis & compaction due to megacolon over a year ago now :(

However, TOUCH WOOD, I haven't had stasis for over 12 months since I got Zara :D Must be doing something right!

Back