• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special day- 7 to 7- update post 14

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Special day- 7 to 7- update post 18- 3 to 10!

7 years ago today, 7 of my wonderful bunnies came into this world. They are the offspring of my most beloved Sky and the lovely Sandy.

They were the last selfish decision I made about my bunnies and whilst I wouldn't ever make it now, I can't ever regret what I did do- and without them i woudn't have gotten involved in rescuing.

So, today, they turn seven. They are a motley crew- they all have arthritis in their back right leg (mostly hip, but Sunny hash er knee), apart from Hope, who has arthritis in his left hip. They all have dental problems, 3 have abscesses. One has the same breathing issues Sky did.

So here they are when they were 'The Dinkies'

And here they are, as a then and now

Angel

Star

Sunny

Lightning

Hope

Dusk

Dawn

Here they are as a family

This is a andmark birthday for so many reasons. But, the expectation being, with losing both parents at seven, that by this time next year, they will all be gone (apart from Hope, Hope, is always an anomaly). But for today, I treasure it and am so pleased and proud of them that they are here. :love:

Last edited:
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Still as beautiful as they were as babies. I am sure with your love and care they will be here this time next year. You have done so well with them all reaching 7.:love:

I'm going to ask for a very special 7 Many Happy Returns for these very special 7 birthday bunnies. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
What a wonderful family, Sky-O :D they are all so beautiful and precious! :love: xxxxxxx

I will post photos in a few days, but, somehow, surprisingly, today, we got 6 to 8!

Sadly, We lost Hope in November. Dusk, Angel, Sunny and Lightning are now fighting for their lives, but Star and Dawn are reasonably healthy (bar abscesses, arthritis, head tilt, dentals, etc- but nothing life threatening like the thymoma/respiratory issues of the others).

I'm proud of my crew :love:

I also want to say, that these guys have gotten older than either of their parents (Sky and Sandy), ever got to. That date was 23rd April- when they became older than their parents ever got to be.

I just want to post and acknowledge that today three of these beautiful bunnies turned 10! Which is a huge achievement for such decrepid rabbits, with dental abscesses, chronic and painful arthritis and respiratory issues. I'm very proud of them and love them to bits. I will be posting photos, but I'm aiming for something specific, and haven't been able to do it today.

So, for today, I just wanted to share that Angel, Dawn and Lightning are now 10 years old!

Back