• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Something Wrong

Hi, thank you.
I just saw your reply after I had just got off the phone to Vets having had a rethink.
I will take Willow in 1st thing in the morning to spend the day with Toby, so she is there in the next 'cage' or whatever it is. There will be more nurses around so hopefully they will get to see each other a bit. And smell the same. I hope he comes home tomorrow. We are both feeling lost without him.
I'm trying to do my best but it's so difficult.

Thank you.
I have been to the vets tonight with the Hay he eats at home and some other bits and some things just familiar things for him he likes.
I couldn't see him as there wasn't a room free and I didn't want him disturbed as he has a drip and I couldn't go and see him either.

I'm taking Willow in the morning and they are going to supervise time together and keep them near each other.

I phoned tonight and told he was still not eating and pooing. He is taking his syringe feeds really well.

Tonight, Willow is worrying me too; she's just not eating as enthusiastically as she normally does. She is eating but a little at a time.

I'm so worried for them both. I just want things to go back to normal.

So sorry for all the worry you're going through :(! Willow might be missing Toby and wondering where he is. Taking her tomorrow might help them both.

Good luck, thinking of you and sending vibes xx

Back