• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SomeBun is Being Spayed on Wednesday

I just dropped her off. I did not take Endeavour for two reasons. One that he is a really bad traveller and he gets very stressed at the Vets. So he'd be of no comfort to Eliza at all. Also, Eliza will literally not leave him alone. She humps him endlessly, pulls his fur out and sprays him. Endeavour has been so patient with her and has not shown one scrap of aggression. He just keeps running away from her. But he has had enough now and he needs a break.

Now it's a waiting game til I get a call to let me know how Eliza's op' has gone.

Eliza's spay went well. She had a bit of apnoea until she was intubated, but after that she had a very smooth anaesthetic and the spay was straightforward. I will get another update in about an hour xx

I'm so glad the op went well for Eliza D and hope that she will soon be home with you and her man.

Glad it went well. I don't envy her those first few steps post op - ouch - but I know your vet is brilliant with pain relief and that you would never let a post op bunny go without medication. It has horrified me in the past when some vets don't prescribe it routinely after an operation.

Sending vibes for a speedy recovery for Eliza xxx

Thanks everyone. Eliza is home. She has not eaten yet, but that is not surprising. I will be letting her rest for another couple of hours and then if she has still not nibbled at anything I'll give her a small syringe feed. She will be having more analgesia this evening.

So pleased. :D. The not eating after a spay seems common, I remember Cutie Pies spay. Sending Eliza eating and recovery vibes. Xxx

Back